| 6:14 pm on Mar 24, 2012 (gmt 0)|
Keep us updated!
| 6:24 pm on Mar 24, 2012 (gmt 0)|
That's pretty cool. What's your ballpark revenue to get them to offer that?
Questions I would ask:
1) Does your account get flagged in any way for having your AdSense code on 100+, 500+, 1k+ sites, if at all? Is it ever a factor? If so, what?
2) I would take them to one of my sites and ask how compliant my ad placement was and if I can blend more or should blend less.
3) Does blending too much result in invalid clicks in some way? And again, what's too much or too little? (I know use common sense, just looking for specific examples)
4) I had a lot of direct ad placements up until October of last year when (coincidentally, I'm sure - right?) the old interface was shut down. The next day, all my advertiser's direct placements on my sites disappeared and have never returned. What are some of the more attractive things to put in those fields to get seen by advertisers for direct placement ads?
5) Do you guys laugh at how YouTube "partners" strut around making a big deal that they're a "PaRtNeR" (cough approved for an AdSense account cough) and think they're hot shots with their $2-$5 ecpms?
I guess that's all I'd ask.
| 6:48 pm on Mar 24, 2012 (gmt 0)|
What happened to ASA?
| 9:20 pm on Mar 24, 2012 (gmt 0)|
I'd ask them could they please, pretty please, put payments information in reverse order so last month appears first not last.
| 10:33 pm on Mar 24, 2012 (gmt 0)|
Be great if they improved the mobile version to show click count and channel info. Seeing a saw tooth graph is all but useless.
| 7:18 am on Mar 25, 2012 (gmt 0)|
Mate, all you said was talking to a dinosaur. Not my gig. But I get the gist of what you say.
What I've requested for many years, supported by many others here simply, once again, proves to me that so many US corporations are staffed by people devoid of "real world" experience.
Anyone here with modest programming experience should be able to solve the problem in seconds.
They won't. Why? Because genetically? They're never wrong.
Australians think? If it's wrong then !@#$ fix it and don't argue.
| 2:04 am on Mar 26, 2012 (gmt 0)|
Well, what do you know - looks like they added click count to the mobile version! When did they do that?
| 6:41 pm on Mar 26, 2012 (gmt 0)|
I'm still recovering from the brow-beating I took on my last "consultation call."
Had I taken their advice, I would have been Pandaized into oblivion - more ads, bigger ads, above the fold, etc. No, no, no, no, no.
So, no thank you. I won't be doing that again.
| 9:24 pm on Mar 26, 2012 (gmt 0)|
Well, I don’t know folks…
I appreciate that Google is offering a pilot “phone support” opportunity, however requesting that I fill out a form and wait up to 72 hours to get an appointment that must happen M-F is an interesting approach to “phone support”.
I have flown solo for many years and believe I have a reasonable and working understanding of the AdSense program.
Perhaps I should schedule and ask what I can ask and what the representatives can actually share with me?
Impossible to know everything and keeping an open mind is an asset…
| 12:31 am on Mar 27, 2012 (gmt 0)|
It never hurts to talk with someone and if you're a good listener you never know what you might learn. I'd take any opportunity available to speak live with an AdSense rep.
| 7:47 am on Mar 27, 2012 (gmt 0)|
|It never hurts to talk with someone and if you're a good listener you never know what you might learn |
If you were hearing sensible guidance.
Over the years, Google has begun to speak out of both sides of their mouth. When the bean counter became in the ascendency?
In a forum [here or, elsewhere] someone commented that if they had followed AdSense guidance, they'd now be toast with Google.
Conflicting advice is utterly reprehensible.
The only thing I'd say to an AdSense representative?
"Mate, organise your AdSense payments in a more "sensible" fashion. Beyond that? Enjoy the rest of your day [I deleted the other sensible comments]".
| 2:27 pm on Mar 27, 2012 (gmt 0)|
Listening doesn't mean you agree with or follow the guidance you receive...it just means you took the time to hear another perspective. It could very well serve to reconfirm what you already think or know.
| 3:07 pm on Mar 27, 2012 (gmt 0)|
G contacts you = G wants to know something, period.
G won't ever care. I don't like how indiferent G is to any kind of contact we might want to have with them.