| 3:35 pm on Oct 21, 2011 (gmt 0)|
I have a similar issue. I sold a site but took off every snip of Adsense code before letting it go, and I took the site off my Allowed Sites list. Yet every day I see one Adsense impression from the site. The site was even offline for a day and the impression showed up. All I can figure is the code is on another site of mine and is mislabled since I haven't gotten a warning from the Allowed Sites list telling me an unauthorized site is showing my code.
| 5:09 am on Oct 22, 2011 (gmt 0)|
Like clockwork this seemingly defunct pair of domains has registered 1 impression each again today, as they have for many weeks now. I noticed that these single impressions throw off my "site average", as reported at the bottom of the "Sites" page report within the new adsense interface, a good deal in terns of earnings per site and average number of clicks per site.
I sincerely hope that those average figures do not impact me in ANY way but since they are inaccurate I suppose they do.
I was hoping someone would have been seeing those two domains on YOUR adsense account too under "sites", I seemingly cannot stop them from generating impressions despite them not being on my allowed list.
POSSIBLE SOLUTION: Both of these domains are currently unregistered with no owner of record. They may reside on the same host as my website and have improper DNS information resulting in one impression of my site under their domain when a bot does it's daily thing.
| 2:15 pm on Oct 24, 2011 (gmt 0)|
After writing that last post I looked into a handful of parked domain I had with the same host. Each parked domain was generating a little income by using adsense for domains.
It turns out that the two rogue domains were themselves resolving to one of my parked domains temporarily, the result of some type of daily maintenance by the host. I unparked the domains and removed them from my hosting account so that I just own them but don't have them online, the rogue impressions from the sites I don't own stopped. (and it only took a couple of months to figure out!)
| 12:28 am on Oct 25, 2011 (gmt 0)|
Glad you got it figured out. I figured mine out, too. I apparently had put mislabeled code on an old blogger site that I'd completely forgotten about. I am assuming that Google has been crawling the site daily. I removed the code a couple of days ago, and viola, problem solved. Thank goodness, because that rogue impression was bothersome.
| 5:16 am on Nov 16, 2011 (gmt 0)|
I didn't figure it out, unfortunately, the problem continues and the domains are not owned by anyone or held by any webhost.
| 2:00 am on Feb 13, 2012 (gmt 0)|
3 months later and this is still a problem.
| 12:53 am on Sep 19, 2012 (gmt 0)|
11 months later and these same domains that have not been registered by anyone continue to display activity in my adsense dashboard. On most days they say 1 impression but on many days they show up and say 0 impressions (which is befuddling since that means they shouldn't appear at all).
| 2:35 am on Sep 19, 2012 (gmt 0)|
Well we got support now, so why don't you ask them (before I use it all up)
| 2:15 pm on Sep 22, 2012 (gmt 0)|
I see this for a group of domains I don't pwn and have not owned for 2 years now. And I know thay were bought up and something else done with them, so there is no chance my code is still floating around on them. But sure as shooting, every month that group of domains' old channel generate a few hundred impressions (no clicks). They are not even on my permitted list. I gave up trying to figure out why.
| 9:22 pm on Sep 22, 2012 (gmt 0)|
I've answered this question before. I'm posting the link again: [support.google.com...]
| 9:36 pm on Sep 22, 2012 (gmt 0)|
By coincidence I received a similar message this morning.
Yep. Another rip-off of my site. Oh well here we go again.
| 4:55 am on Sep 23, 2012 (gmt 0)|
|I've answered this question before. |
And I will say none of those apply to my situation... so try, try again. Thanks for playing though. ;)
| 9:20 am on Sep 23, 2012 (gmt 0)|
@hannamyluv - yes, it does apply to you. Read "Improper iframed redirects". It's out of your control but it is normal. If you're still not convinced, go ask Support directly. I'm pretty sure they will send you the same link.
I'm not a player. ;)
| 7:21 am on Sep 24, 2012 (gmt 0)|
I believe the solution is really easy and you already have the answer. I will still epeat that all you need to do is to unpark the domains and get them removed from your hosting account. This is the one and only way you can get rid of these.