homepage Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from
register, free tools, login, search, pro membership, help, library, announcements, recent posts, open posts,
Become a Pro Member

Visit PubCon.com
Home / Forums Index / Google / Google AdSense
Forum Library, Charter, Moderators: incrediBILL & jatar k & martinibuster

Google AdSense Forum

Thinking about moving to an other country
Maybe I have to leave Austria

 9:06 am on Sep 12, 2010 (gmt 0)

My Adsense income is in the range of 2000 to 2300 EUR a month.
Not enough to surive in Austria with extreme high payments for social security duty and to rent an apartment with wife and 2 children.

So I think about to leave Austria.

Has anybody experience changing country and bank account in AdSense?



 11:22 am on Sep 12, 2010 (gmt 0)

I had to change my bank account once in Adsense, went without any problem. Didn't try a country change.
Are you thinking of going to Germany or to the east?


 12:01 pm on Sep 12, 2010 (gmt 0)

Just make sure you:

1- don't go to a country where Adsense will ask you to close your existing account and open a new one

2- go to a country with a different currency, as that will entail closing your existing account and opening a new one

In Adsense Help, there's a section called "How can I change the country in my account?"


[edited by: incrediBILL at 2:46 pm (utc) on Sep 12, 2010]
[edit reason] fixed link [/edit]


 3:06 pm on Sep 12, 2010 (gmt 0)

Sorry to hear your state.
But is that 'that easy' to change a country permanently?
May be EU countries have special exceptions?


 3:28 pm on Sep 12, 2010 (gmt 0)

Are you thinking of going to Germany or to the east?

The main problem in Austria is that independent workers like me
have the obligation to pay much for social security.

In other countries, only health insurance is necessary.

Current theories:

Gran Canaria, Spain, Croatia, Romania (my wife is from Romania)


 4:09 pm on Sep 12, 2010 (gmt 0)

This is an indirect response but it is somewhat related, if you require internet access to the outside world you may need to be aware that some eastern European countries have less than desirable reputations for their internet activities and therefore get blocked from many domains.

You may or may not be aware because where you are now in Austria so you probably do not encounter that problem. I have no IP CIDR ranges blocked from Austria but Romania and Spain (as well as others) can be a pain to deal with. In fact I wish I could block more of Spain, even public users, but one of my clients' sites is Spanish therefore I cannot.

I think I have most of Romania firewalled, bunch of intelligent geeks there. Unfortunately that intelligence is applied in the wrong way hence that blocking. I really have no idea what percentage of the webmasters of the world's domains think like me, it may be small. But, just thought I'd throw that out there for you to maybe take into consideration.


 6:16 pm on Sep 12, 2010 (gmt 0)

Jetteroheller: You said your wife is from Romania. Could establish a company there, assuming she has family in her country. You can 'run' that company from Austria but under her family name?
You could act as a consultant for that company in Romania.


 1:34 pm on Sep 15, 2010 (gmt 0)

I moved my company from the UK to Slovakia (well, closed down in Britain and founded a new Ltd company in Slovakia) a few years ago. I moved my Adsense account as well - again, I had to close the old account and open a new one. It was smooth, I could transfer all sites to the new account and I didn't loose a penny. I'm not aware of any issues with running a site from countries like Slovakia. What I gained is saving on income tax... Slovakia has 19% flat tax (I am in the 40% bracket in the UK) so even with expenses on accountant I'm saving quite a lot.

Having said that, I'm quitting my day time job here in the UK soon so I'll transfer the Adsense account back to the UK in not so distant future.

If you stay away from Bratislava region (which is more expensive than Austria) your move to Slovakia might be faily smooth and beneficial - it's an EU country, has Euro as its currency, it's very close to Austria (handy for visiting family and friends), low taxes, etc. Of course there are issues such as language barrier, etc... however, from Adsense point of view I can say I went through it and it has been well worth it.


 12:15 pm on Sep 24, 2010 (gmt 0)

I would suggest not putting all your financial stability on AdSense.


 1:05 pm on Sep 24, 2010 (gmt 0)

I 100% agree with stoutfiles. There was a debate here on ww whether to put all eggs in adsense basket.
IMHO you should not especially when you are thinking of changing country of residence and all.
With adsense these things can easily go wrong and you will be without adsense income for few months.
I hope and wish that you have thought of this situation and have a backup plan in place.

Wish you best of luck for your future,


 4:34 pm on Sep 24, 2010 (gmt 0)

In Poland with 2000 you could make some living, but not in Warsaw.
Krakow is a nice place to stay and way cheaper.
If I were about to choose I would go for Budapest and some offshore company to avoid taxes. Hungarians are in deep crap now, life seems to be cheap there and climate mild. They have a nice wine culture and food similar to what you know in Austria. Not far from Western Europe, too and they managed to build highways before going bust :)


 5:31 pm on Sep 24, 2010 (gmt 0)

Welcome to china!

These problems don't exist in China.

When the situation becomes so critital, that I am in danger to loose my web site and the possibility to work in the EU,
I will apply for political asylum in China.

China has a great and independent government.


 10:22 am on Sep 25, 2010 (gmt 0)

Have you ever consider moving to Indonesia?
Your income is about the same level with general manager in here.


 2:47 pm on Sep 28, 2010 (gmt 0)

Move an hour east to Bratislava and pay 19% taxes. We also changed AdSense from Austria to Slovakia with no issues.


 1:58 pm on Sep 30, 2010 (gmt 0)

Have you ever consider moving to Indonesia?
Your income is about the same level with general manager in here.

Was just at one of my clients, an artist and interior designer.

Last payment June 2009
Last bill marked as paid April 2007

Thd payment duty for social security is a big burden for him as for men. So he is such way behind paying my bills.

Some years ago, he did not like to start AdSense.
Now he wants to expand his pages as fast as possible.

The reason: He wants to move to Thailand.

An other artist moved with all the family last year to Thailand and is very happy there.

Not just Indonesia, but very near.


 6:20 pm on Sep 30, 2010 (gmt 0)

You can also consider Bali in Indonesia. Nice place and full of international tourist.


 9:55 pm on Sep 30, 2010 (gmt 0)

I'm from Spain, independent worker and part of my income comes from Adsense.

In Spain you must pay social security and taxes (assuming you pay to Spain, not Austria, i'm not lawyer ), you can contact me if you need some specifics if you need to know the costs and taxes here.


 6:52 am on Oct 1, 2010 (gmt 0)

I'm from Spain, independent worker and part of my income comes from Adsense.

But the question is how much?

At the social security part,
is it possible to have only health insurance,
because my pension insurance is Google AdSense.

In Germany, I would have only to pay 14% social security,
because I could apply there for the "artist social security" with only half of the normal payments.

There is also in Austria an "artist social security",
but I am as journalist not included, in Germany, journalists are special included.


 7:44 am on Oct 1, 2010 (gmt 0)

Here some details about my tax configuration in Austria:

My wife is at me "minor employed"
This is a special form of emloyment,
where I can pay her 14 times a year maximal 357.-EUR,
all without socical security payments.

My wife and my children are covered by my health insurance

All my car costs are 90% company expenses.
Because it's a minivan, I am allowed to take back the VAT for this 90% company expenses of the car

At business journeys, there are in Austria
"Fixed expenses for day and night at business jorneys"

This means for example I go to a fair,
and in my bilance is
4 days 35 EUR
3 nights 30 EUR makes 230.-EUR expenses calculated in the bilance,
but I sleep always in my car.

BTW, my student has a new record month with 843.-EUR, many fairs, we visit together.
I always tell, I sleep in the hotel "Alhambra"
He always tells, he sleeps in the hotel "Berlingo"


 8:06 am on Oct 1, 2010 (gmt 0)

The minimum monthly contribution for the self employed in Spain for social security is aprox. 265 EUR per month. You can pay more and the more you pay the more you receive when you retire.

This gives you public health insurance for you and your family, a small pay if you are sick, and retirement.

Also if you pay taxes in Spain you would have to pay a part of your benefits. There are different tax schemes for self employed workers and small companies, but you can guess something like 25-35% of benefits and 18% VAT.

you can see social security info here:



 8:19 am on Oct 1, 2010 (gmt 0)

but you can guess something like 25-35% of benefits and 18% VAT

Most of my income will be without VAT.
AdSense income
Bills to my old clients in Austria and Germany.

In Austria are the first 11.000 EUR per year free from income tax.
After this 25% and above 13.000 EUR 33% income tax.

For 13,507,-EUR income, I had to pay 675,-EUR income tax

But social insurance had been 4221,-EUR in the year 2008.
This makes 351.-per month.

Are social security payments as usual company expenses,
deductable in the bilance?


 8:25 am on Oct 1, 2010 (gmt 0)

What's with money from government for children?

This is in Austria about 150,-EUR per month.

A neighbour from me is from Bosnia, and he receives also this money, as his children are living in Austria


 9:06 am on Oct 1, 2010 (gmt 0)

Well, there's no money for children in Spain, if you mean money every month for having children. You can deduct some taxes depending on your familiar situation.

If you are a company you can deduct security payments as part of your wage, and you pay a fixed 25% for your benefits (not income). Of course you need an accountant .

If you are an independent worker you deduct social security of your taxes and you pay a progressive tax from 24% to 46% of your benefits, but it's simpler and you can make the paperwork.

There is also deductions for renting or buying a house.

Reading what you said, i'm not sure Spain is really cheaper than Austria when it comes to taxes and to make a living like independent worker. I'm sure outside the Schengen space there are less taxes, but my main concern is health. Maybe Andorra or Gibraltar ?

Global Options:
 top home search open messages active posts  

Home / Forums Index / Google / Google AdSense
rss feed

All trademarks and copyrights held by respective owners. Member comments are owned by the poster.
Home ¦ Free Tools ¦ Terms of Service ¦ Privacy Policy ¦ Report Problem ¦ About ¦ Library ¦ Newsletter
WebmasterWorld is a Developer Shed Community owned by Jim Boykin.
© Webmaster World 1996-2014 all rights reserved