| 11:45 am on Jun 2, 2010 (gmt 0)|
From what you have said... customer has no site or adsense account, then you will have to remove your code before they apply for an account.
However, I do know of it happening with adsense already on a site.
| 4:57 pm on Jun 2, 2010 (gmt 0)|
|So... should I hand over the site, and then they apply for an Adsense account? Are there chances of getting rejected? |
I would have thought that they buy the site, upload to their servers etc and then apply for an account and, of course, they could be rejected if the site no longer pasts muster!
Can't they get an account through Blogger still?
| 9:40 am on Jun 3, 2010 (gmt 0)|
That's what I think too - Adsense has to be removed before applying for a new account.
And that is the worry - no one really knows if they would automatically approve the site as it already has a history of good performance, or there is a chance of rejection. If it is rejected, the company would be in big trouble as their main revenue stream for the first couple of years at least from the site is Adsense revenue...
| 11:58 am on Jun 3, 2010 (gmt 0)|
Well I expect the sale "could" be made contingent upon applying for and acceptance into AdSense.
Novel scenario I'd not thought of before.
| 12:07 pm on Jun 3, 2010 (gmt 0)|
Good point, IanCP. Though that would make them all unsure about what would happen.... and potentially stall the sale :)
| 12:12 pm on Jun 3, 2010 (gmt 0)|
There's no need to remove previous owner code before applying. Multiple adsense accounts can apply for the same site.
I would apply and when accepted substitued old code with new.
| 5:18 pm on Jun 3, 2010 (gmt 0)|
How are you sure about that? I have seen no one say it so far - but if true, and a new person can apply and get an Adsense account for a website where my adsense code is running, that would solve my problem instantly. Remember the buyer here does not have an Adsense account.
| 5:33 pm on Jun 3, 2010 (gmt 0)|
I don't think they can get approved without a website. Unless something drastic has changed, and Google is trying to clean up, not make things worse. I don't have an easy answer for you. If they're that worried about not being accepted (I mean, why would they be worried about that?) then you do this:
1. make a backup of the site with your ad code in it.
2. remove all ads while retaining ownership.
3. they apply for AdSense and wait for approval.
4. if they are approved, you transfer the site and they put their code on.
5. if they are not approved, then you put your own ads on and go on as before.
It means the site doesn't earn from ads for a while. Up to you if that's worth it. I don't see any other way to do it.
| 6:29 pm on Jun 3, 2010 (gmt 0)|
Yes, that is most probably what I will do. Remove all ads, the buyer applies afresh, hopefully gets approved, and all is good.
The fear is because of the general inability of any of us to get a problem fixed by talking to Google. They work in mysterious ways, and respond with boilerplate emails to stuff often - so even as a long-time Adsense publisher, my trust in them to behave in a predictable fashion is quite low...
| 7:26 pm on Jun 3, 2010 (gmt 0)|
yes pretty sure. We (a work group) used to apply for multiple accounts on a single domain. After all you CAN use more than 1 adsense account for each site. That was 2 years ago but the work group is still doing it without problems.