homepage Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 54.196.69.189
register, free tools, login, search, subscribe, help, library, announcements, recent posts, open posts,
Pubcon Platinum Sponsor
Visit PubCon.com
Home / Forums Index / Google / Google AdSense
Forum Library, Charter, Moderators: incrediBILL & jatar k & martinibuster

Google AdSense Forum

    
Low Earnings Tuesday May 26, 2009?
low earnings from adsense today
Ammalgam




msg:3920467
 5:59 pm on May 26, 2009 (gmt 0)

Just wondering if I need to break out the whiskey alone or do I have company on the adsense low ctr train?

Today seems nuts ..like 50% lower?

 

purplecape




msg:3920471
 6:01 pm on May 26, 2009 (gmt 0)

Above average day for me. But you know, there are so many currents swirling around in the AdSense program, and so many different publisher boats floating around on that sea, that it's not surprising that we are experiencing different weather.

signor_john




msg:3920479
 6:11 pm on May 26, 2009 (gmt 0)

>>Today seems nuts ..like 50% lower?<<

You won't have an accurate picture of today's stats until the day is over.

HuskyPup




msg:3920497
 6:32 pm on May 26, 2009 (gmt 0)

Just wondering if I need to break out the whiskey alone

Go for the beer...it's much less damaging to one's health:-)

I'm seeing my typically new 2009 average level of clicks, a good EPC but horrible CTR in comparison to previous years:-(

I keep thinking that it cannot go any lower but it does. Extrapolating the continued reduction in clicks and overall earnings may mean that by the end of the year that contextual advertising will be finished for my sites.

ken_b




msg:3920499
 6:41 pm on May 26, 2009 (gmt 0)

Maybe G will set up a new Publishers Pay Per Click (PPPC) program, you know, where the publisher pays G for each click... :)

They almost have to. No self respecting company would let all those well established user relationships go to waste without at least attempting to monitize them.

Scurramunga




msg:3920613
 10:34 pm on May 26, 2009 (gmt 0)

Ken,
Will we have to pay for support also? ;-)

ken_b




msg:3920623
 11:09 pm on May 26, 2009 (gmt 0)

Scurramunga;

Support? You get support? :)

koan




msg:3920714
 3:49 am on May 27, 2009 (gmt 0)

Had a decent day yesterday, but today is, indeed, a disaster. Adsense has become very volatile for me, good thing I have a few sites, or I would be on both downers and uppers ;)

Elsmarc




msg:3920756
 6:55 am on May 27, 2009 (gmt 0)

For me the 26th has been a very good day. As the others have said, there are a lot of factors involved. For the most part I look at 3 to 6 month trends. One day is never something I think much about.

HuskyPup




msg:3920794
 9:41 am on May 27, 2009 (gmt 0)

Will we have to pay for support also? ;-)

Probably on a Premium rate phone line as well!

Tueday's earnings:

Two years ago I would have been screaming the worst day of the year.

Last year it would have been an unusually low day.

This year...my best day in ages...I could almost get carried away with the excitement:-)

maximillianos




msg:3920854
 12:11 pm on May 27, 2009 (gmt 0)

Our eCPM was lower on this day, but we also just rolled out a new design, which I believe is the real culprit... =)

superpower




msg:3921048
 6:06 pm on May 27, 2009 (gmt 0)

My CPM is down 50% today, not sure why, I haven't changed anything.

sunhapol




msg:3921139
 7:42 pm on May 27, 2009 (gmt 0)

my income is down by 40% .. whew

koan




msg:3921238
 10:41 pm on May 27, 2009 (gmt 0)

Yet today is looking to be a very good day. It's really strange how it can go to terrible to very good (relatively speaking to the 2008-2009 recession average) from one day to another. It wasn't always this volatile. I don't know if it comes from advertisers or Google tweaks.

IanCP




msg:3921242
 10:53 pm on May 27, 2009 (gmt 0)

It wasn't always this volatile

Also has me beat. Steady decline in CTR over many months and this month it varies around -50% to +100% the figure it seemed to settle at in March, April.

Obviously there could be many reasons but it would be helpful if AdSense could enlighten us a little.

Then again we might only represent 10% of publishers and the other 90% might be saying "What's changed? I haven't noticed any significant change over five years!"

signor_john




msg:3921254
 11:03 pm on May 27, 2009 (gmt 0)

Tuesday, the 26th was my second-highest earnings day of the month so far.

My highest day for earnings? Memorial Day.

My highest day for CTR and eCPM? The Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend.

Life is full of surprises.

Global Options:
 top home search open messages active posts  
 

Home / Forums Index / Google / Google AdSense
rss feed

All trademarks and copyrights held by respective owners. Member comments are owned by the poster.
Terms of Service ¦ Privacy Policy ¦ Report Problem ¦ About
© Webmaster World 1996-2014 all rights reserved