|Update for IE causes no show for adsense|
My adsnse blocks won't show on any sites after the latest IE update
Uh-oh. I hope this is just something that happened on my machine but... I just downloaded and installed the newest updates for Internet Explorer and now none of the adsense ads are showing on any of my sites. In fact, it seems to be collapsing the space where the ad should be appearing sometimes ( not all the time, though ).
Obviously if everyone has the same outcome after this update, where do our earnings come from? Have lowered my security settings to no avail.
I have checked others pages whom I know to be running adsense and still get no shows. I DO see them in results on Google's homepage though I am assuming that they use a different method to display them on their own site than on ours.
I am now going to go back and restore my box to an earlier time before the last update. But, really, how many IE users are going to do that?
Does anyone else see this after the newest update? PS-I have just checked using Mozilla and see the ads. I can assume that in Netscape, Opera, etc. they will still show up but, mein gutten himmel! No more on IE? Is this happening to everyone? Hopefully the programming nerds at G will get around this.
You wouldn't happen to have the IE7Pro plugin would you?
A while ago someone else had exactly the same problem.
I can see browsers stopping popups, while alerting you they've done so, but to hide content without a users permission?
Anyways Google will flex its legal muscle if indeed MS launched the update with an Adsense filter, joke or not.
[edited by: CentennialEmpire at 10:40 pm (utc) on Jan. 8, 2008]
This used to happen to me back in IE 5.5, only on one computer. I never figured it out. The ads worked fine in Mozilla.
I had same Marcel, had to remove it the other day after mailing our techs to see why all the ads were gone :)
I have never gone back and done a restore but the ads did start showing again for a while, then stopped again, then started and are showing fine now. Maybe just a glitch on my own computer, here, but it started right after the update and I am not sure, even now, if i am running the PlugIn or what but just selected the "Usual Update, blah..." button. I guess it is just one of those things...
Thanks for the replies. Good to know that i am not going crazy.
Same problem for me: Windows Vista, IE without plugins.
Two days ago suddenly AdSense is no more visibile on every site but Google.
I didn't installed any software, I did nothing.
Firefox still show the ads.
It depends on a IE update, because it's related to the security settings. If I put a website in the "trust websites" in IE options, AdSense will show correctly.