Msg#: 4581577 posted 7:44 am on Jun 6, 2013 (gmt 0)
At the end of the march my site's keyword ranking started dropping and now its not anywhere in the picture. After analyzing all things, this is what i gets:
1) Anything wrong with link-building, Links to your site in GWT shows maximum no of links from two of my other sites. A homepage link in the header of all the pages. It was natural i guess i want to tell my visitor about one of my other product, apart from that i have used no-follow attribute, and there is no message in GWT.
2) Any keyword stuffing in contents. Yes i highlight the main keywords along with keyword in title and url. But there are lot of others who do more keyword stuffing then me and they are on top pages.
3) Page Rank. Others in my niche have 2 or 3 page rank, but i have 0. But why the site was doing good before march this year, at that time also page rank was zero.
4) Social media active and sharing. Yes my site is not doing good in social media, at one point i was doing some promotion through facebook and twitter but not right now.
So looking at all these options, what should be the correct strategy for me at this point of time. Do i need to consult a seo agency.
Msg#: 4581577 posted 12:20 pm on Jun 6, 2013 (gmt 0)
First, understand that it's impossible for anyone outside of Google to give you the "exact cause" for a ranking drop. Long before Penguin and Panda webmasters were already seeing mysterious drops for one keyword.
1. I would double check ANY actions you've ever taken (on-site or off-site) that are specific to keywords - really look hard to see if those words are used naturally.
2. PR0, if you've never been higher, means you have very low backlinks, either low in number or low in quality or both.
#2 means to me that you need to make a long term project out of brand building. It's really tough to improve rankings when your brand is weak.