homepage Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from
register, free tools, login, search, pro membership, help, library, announcements, recent posts, open posts,
Pubcon Gold Sponsor 2015!
Home / Forums Index / Google / Google SEO News and Discussion
Forum Library, Charter, Moderators: Robert Charlton & aakk9999 & brotherhood of lan & goodroi

Google SEO News and Discussion Forum

Google Farmer (Panda) Update - are backlinks from those sites devalued?

Msg#: 4355058 posted 2:02 am on Aug 25, 2011 (gmt 0)

Most of the content farming sites was severely effected by Google new algorithm update for low quality content Sites. The ranking of the popular sites have dropped. Now, does this mean that inlinks gained from these sites do not have any weightage.



WebmasterWorld Senior Member 5+ Year Member Top Contributors Of The Month

Msg#: 4355058 posted 11:26 am on Aug 25, 2011 (gmt 0)

Most likely links from article sites and content farms already didn't have much value for helping Google rankings even before Panda. And it's logical that they would have even less value now. In fact some people think that all backlinks may have less value now. But all of this is in an area that's difficult to analyse, so it's hard to reach any definite conclusions.


WebmasterWorld Administrator goodroi us a WebmasterWorld Top Contributor of All Time 10+ Year Member Top Contributors Of The Month

Msg#: 4355058 posted 12:37 pm on Aug 25, 2011 (gmt 0)

do not have any weightage
Based on my experience links from Panda sites still have some weight. You can argue if they have the same or less weight but the links still have some weight.

You could even argue that in some instances links from a Panda site now carries more weight. If a PR 5 Panda site with 1000 sites linking to it, cleans up its site and deletes 90% of its pages then it is possible the link juice is now more concentrated for the remaining 10% of the pages.

I think Panda has helped some people realize that easy links are typically not valuable links. You should seek out quality, relevant, editorially approved backlinks. Chasing after article sites, forum signature links & free directories will boost your link count but probably not significantly boost your ranking power.


Msg#: 4355058 posted 10:05 pm on Aug 26, 2011 (gmt 0)

Hi brett,

This new panda update changed a lot thing about how SEO should be now, as we all know it's all about good content.

A lot of farming sites understood that and started changing things around, so hopefully all backlinks coming from there should still have some weight, is it the same as before? i can't answer that.

But what i do know is that my sites didn't feel much of a difference even after the update.



Global Options:
 top home search open messages active posts  

Home / Forums Index / Google / Google SEO News and Discussion
rss feed

All trademarks and copyrights held by respective owners. Member comments are owned by the poster.
Home ¦ Free Tools ¦ Terms of Service ¦ Privacy Policy ¦ Report Problem ¦ About ¦ Library ¦ Newsletter
WebmasterWorld is a Developer Shed Community owned by Jim Boykin.
© Webmaster World 1996-2014 all rights reserved