Definitely, do I assume you have a plain html site?
If so the results could be dramatic and a lot faster than it used to be, I am getting new site build images ranking well within a couple of months these days.
This is a very valuable freebie!
1. Make sure the image is actually the name of the widget, do not give it some random hexadecimal number
2. Complete the alt and title attributes
3. Make sure the html file name is the widget name
4. Ensure the titlebar is the widget name
5. Complete the description with the widget details
6. Complete the keyword with synonyms
7. Make sure that 4, 5 & 6 are also on-page
8. If the widget is from a specific widget line, country or something else well known, make sure the folder(s) describe them correctly.
For instance the url may look something like this:
9. For easier file construction make sure you are consistent with both file and image names.
For instance the image may look something like this:
10. Remember that for images to rank better you have to make it easy for the algo to understand, give it garbage and it won't have a clue what's there!
Now where do I send my consultation bill? :-)