Recently we found in Googles Index that one of our pages has been indexed but the wrong url is being placed in the serps. I have read about 302 redirects, meta refresh redirects, doorway pages, etc, but I'm finding it hard to figure out exactly what is going on. Any suggestions because as of now we don't even know how to combat the problem if we don't know whats causing it. Here is a breakdown of how its showing up.
<Our Title> <Our Snippet> <Spam URL> <Our Cache>
When you click on the result it's redirected to their page which has none of our content on the page. It then redirects to another page after a few seconds. We have found this happening with a couple different domains pulling the contents (snippet and title) form one page on our site.
Msg#: 3960245 posted 2:01 pm on Aug 6, 2009 (gmt 0)
It was neither of those issues but I'm happy to report that all the domains were reported in WMT and Google has removed them all. Our site has not regained its position as of yet but hopefully that will come back in time. I'm just thankful Google responded so a big "Thank YOU!" goes out to the quality control team.