homepage Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from
register, free tools, login, search, pro membership, help, library, announcements, recent posts, open posts,
Become a Pro Member
Home / Forums Index / Google / Google SEO News and Discussion
Forum Library, Charter, Moderators: Robert Charlton & aakk9999 & brotherhood of lan & goodroi

Google SEO News and Discussion Forum

Google let my server down and now removed me From Its search

 10:08 am on Dec 21, 2008 (gmt 0)


From last 3 or 4 days google was sending me a huge amount of traffic and it lets my server down

I was not upgrading my server just to confirm if this traffic from google is permanent or temporary

But today i noticed google kicked me for almost all of the keyowrds and my site traffic extremelly down

What i do , i dont want my traffic to down

Plz help



 10:49 am on Dec 21, 2008 (gmt 0)

And my 2nd question is

I want to know what can i do what google suddenly starts sending a huge amount of traffic and the server gets down

As it is happend with me right now and now my site is out of google

I am hopefull google will get me back in next update but there is a doubt as well so im not upgrading the server

Well the question i want to ask is what can i do in this time when i have ordered a new server ( mostly takes 24 -48 Hours) so that google dont penalize should i suspend the site or what >>?


 10:51 am on Dec 21, 2008 (gmt 0)

Are you sure it was Google Search traffic that crashed your server? And if you are sure, can you see what search terms you suddenly started getting so much traffic for?


 10:52 am on Dec 21, 2008 (gmt 0)

is the site new?


 10:58 am on Dec 21, 2008 (gmt 0)

SIte is 3 years old

and yes i checked it was 100% google traffic bcoz now there are no enough visitors on site

And the term was same yo-yo effect term which was main source of traffic and i was waiting to confirm will this term remain on first for long time or as ususall its temporary term

so i was not upgrading

and plz answer to my second question


 11:12 am on Dec 21, 2008 (gmt 0)

When your server goes down, you are temporarily out of the index until googlebot confirms that your server is dependable again - that's not a penalty. What you do is up to you, but if you are understanding the situation correctly I'd say a server change is the best idea. You can return a 503 status until the files are in their new home.


 11:23 am on Dec 21, 2008 (gmt 0)

should i wait for my site to come back or buy a new server right now


 11:26 am on Dec 21, 2008 (gmt 0)

and yes if 503 code how much max time is ok


 11:40 am on Dec 21, 2008 (gmt 0)

All I can say is the longer you wait the slower your recovery can be. a lot depends on your history, how frequently googlebot has been spidering and so on. If you can get back online stably in 48-72 hours, that would be best.

Think more like Google does - they don't want to give their users a poor experience. But they do want to give them the best sites they can. If Google decided your site should get lots of traffic, there's something here that they liked.

I suggest you communicate through the "Reconsideration Request" in your Webmaster Tools account as soon as you know you are online and stable again.

Global Options:
 top home search open messages active posts  

Home / Forums Index / Google / Google SEO News and Discussion
rss feed

All trademarks and copyrights held by respective owners. Member comments are owned by the poster.
Home ¦ Free Tools ¦ Terms of Service ¦ Privacy Policy ¦ Report Problem ¦ About ¦ Library ¦ Newsletter
WebmasterWorld is a Developer Shed Community owned by Jim Boykin.
© Webmaster World 1996-2014 all rights reserved