| Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 126.96.36.199 |
register, free tools, login, search, pro membership, help, library, announcements, recent posts, open posts,
|Become a Pro Member|
|Website not cached after 45 days|
| 6:51 am on Jan 19, 2008 (gmt 0)|
I have a website which is not being cached by search engines since past 45 days.
I have performed directory submissions, link building, article submission for the website. Still No Success
The server header of the website is as follows:
HTTP/1.1 200 OKDate: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 06:48:05 GMTServer: Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) PHP/5.1.4 mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7eLast-Modified: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 09:07:58 GMTETag: "434142-4d5d-477b546e"Accept-Ranges: bytesContent-Length: 19805Connection: closeContent-Type: text/html
Can anyone assist?
| 7:31 am on Jan 19, 2008 (gmt 0)|
Do you mean:
1. Not crawled (spidered)? - that is, no visits from googlebot.
2. Crawled but not indexed? - that is, you have googlebot visits but site:example.com returns no results
3. Indexed but no cached pages? - that is, site:example.com returns results that do not have a "cached" link
| 9:16 am on Jan 19, 2008 (gmt 0)|
Google displays no results while checking the cached snapshot of the page.
| 4:37 pm on Jan 19, 2008 (gmt 0)|
Did you check the robots.txt file to make sure there are no tags banning caching?
| 9:00 pm on Jan 20, 2008 (gmt 0)|
1. Try check yourdomain.com/robots.txt
2. If domain name is like second hand - he is may be in a google ban
[edited by: tedster at 5:55 pm (utc) on Jan. 22, 2008]
| 9:02 am on Jan 22, 2008 (gmt 0)|
There is no robots file on the server and I believe search engines should deem default as "follow".
Also the domain is new.
All trademarks and copyrights held by respective owners. Member comments are owned by the poster.
WebmasterWorld is a Developer Shed Community owned by Jim Boykin.
© Webmaster World 1996-2014 all rights reserved