Msg#: 3507982 posted 10:22 am on Nov 18, 2007 (gmt 0)
Over recent days then I have seen some rather strange behaviour.
A site: command on several of my .co.uk domains on google com whilst viewed from google co uk shows all pages, supplemental and non supplemental BUT the same command on google co uk on google co uk only shows the non supplemental pages - in other words, UK results on google.co.uk no longer have a supplemental index for lots of my domains and this is leading to massive traffic loss.
This is not on one 'style' of domain content but accross many diffent ones.
I first noticed this about three days ago and the number of domains affected is increasing.
Msg#: 3507982 posted 5:32 pm on Nov 18, 2007 (gmt 0)
I think you mean the problem shows when using the search "pages from the UK" option? In which case I have the same thing with a couple of sites. They just went like that in the last couple of weeks. I also notice a search for www.mydomain.co.uk on google.co.uk shows www.mydomain.co.uk on the top but if I use the "pages from the UK" option then they are way down the page
Msg#: 3507982 posted 9:57 am on Nov 24, 2007 (gmt 0)
I must say that I am quite surprised that there seems to be so little reaction to this issue. I have now managed to find very many sites exhibiting this behaviour.
What is even more curious is that I have also found that some sites 'appear' to be fine until you try to navigate to the total page count and it is then that Google only shows non-supplemental pages as visible.
To take matters further and just to prove to myself that this is not another site: issue then I have found that if I search for say, www dot domainname dot co dot uk then once again the only 'findable pages are non-supplemental, once again reinforcing my view that there are very many websites in the google co uk results set that simply do not have their supplemental pages included. So, on the search 'the web' side of things I have websites with 20,000 pages indexed including say 200 non supplemental leading to only 200 being findable on the searc 'pages from the UK' side of things.
I now know the true reason for my major traffic slump.