| 4:48 pm on Nov 27, 2006 (gmt 0)|
I'm having a similar problem. My cached pages(English)are showing adsense ads in Spanish. This started in mid November and coincided with a huge drop in Google SERPS. Anybody else seeing this?
| 5:08 pm on Nov 27, 2006 (gmt 0)|
@PA ..I just tried your site ..I'm in France ..it only served me french language adsense ..maybe they fixed it ..BTW ..chapeau ;-)
| 5:25 pm on Nov 27, 2006 (gmt 0)|
spoke too soon ..it's now showing turkish adsense in the cache again ..:o
| 5:43 pm on Nov 27, 2006 (gmt 0)|
interestingly your french pages are showing as last crawled 21st nov 2006 and your english pages as last crawled 14 march 2006 ..just a thought but you have many inbounds from other french language sites including authority sites in french in your field ..
do you also have inbounds in english from similar sites in english ..perhaps G is requiring the pages to be linked to from elsewhere than your own site in order to crawl them ..or for your nav to be linking to them from the front page ..( it may be that they are considered to be too deep ) get some off site links and they ought to surface ..
BTW ..I know that is more related to your query in the other thread ..
for now the live adsense served is consistantly in french ..only the cache is showing turkish ..which makes it far more likely the adsense problem is with g's back end
| 6:30 pm on Nov 27, 2006 (gmt 0)|
Our cache showed spanish ads as well. I wonder if they are pulling caches from different data centers to keep resources free at peak times.
| 6:34 pm on Nov 27, 2006 (gmt 0)|
I just checked yesterday some cached pages from me, but instead of German, the AdSense ads in the cached page had been in an unkonwn language.
| 10:44 pm on Nov 28, 2006 (gmt 0)|
Thanks for the feedback.
After thinking about it, it should be decently easy for the AdSense server to detect that the page is being "got" by a Google Crawler and to simply serve ads in the site language and not in the crawler home address language.
The truth is that I don't use the cache when I search on internet, so I hope that the vast majority of our visitors doesn't either. The impression is not very professional when you get ads in a random language...
@Leosghost : thanks for the nice comments. Yeah, you are probably right about the lack of external links from outside to our english pages.
We'll work on this early 2007 when we'll get the new set of pages in english.
Note that I keep thinking that this behaviour (pages not being crawled and added to the index because being too deep) makes no sense to me. We never noticed this in 6 years and only in 2006 this is happening.
Just when Google finally is coming up with a decent custom site search, it is of no use to me since Google is not crawling our pages reliably any more (even french pages have not been updated in months):-(
I have just checked again and it seems to me that several of the pages that did show a cache dated in November are now back to Jan/Mar time frame. I have had a 10 minutes peak of hope on sunday and it's already over...
| 2:46 pm on Dec 9, 2006 (gmt 0)|
Update: the date of the cached page is not displayed anymore... It is true that to explicitly show that Google did not check this page for nearly a year was not necessarily a good sign for the visitors.
| 4:22 pm on Dec 9, 2006 (gmt 0)|
I noticed on a spanish page of mine someone targeted it to show an image ad from india... Wasn't aware india was a spanish speaking nation... DOH!
| 5:01 pm on Dec 9, 2006 (gmt 0)|
Note that AdSense ads are served on the fly, and are not saved in the cached version of the page. The home location of the spider itself is of no consequence (unless your site is doing geotargeting).
| 7:26 pm on Dec 9, 2006 (gmt 0)|
Then this is very strange because when I see ads in turquish on german exclusively when looking at the google cached version!
Never when looking at my side directly.
Something must be different when the ads are displayed on the cached version - I don't know what:-(
|Jordo needs a drink|
| 7:42 pm on Dec 9, 2006 (gmt 0)|
I've noticed this for a while. The ads are almost always in a different language and very rarely targeted while looking at the cached version. Especially when using the site command.
And looking at a cache after a site command almost always has different ads than when looking at a cache after a normal search on your keywords.
Google is now using the keywords searched to assist with ad relevance, so I'm sure the site command screws this up.
The ads still work normally when at the actual page itself.
| 10:17 pm on Dec 11, 2006 (gmt 0)|
Now the cached pages are showing the date at which it got retrieved by Google, again.
Strange. I'm positive that it did disappear during the week-end. And no, I did not drink any thing strong during the week-end.