i found 31 attempted hits in a short period of time, to a nonexistant asp page in my stats program the page is - /MSOffice/cltreq.asp. Site is on a unix server, so there is no way there would be a msoffice folder in there.
one of the log entries - c-24-3-23-73.client.comcast.net - - [11/Nov/2003:08:14:39 -0500] "GET /MSOffice/cltreq.asp?UL=1&ACT=4&BUILD=2614&STRMVER=4&CAPREQ=0 HTTP/1.1" 404 2782 "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705)"
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but i found this entry because I have been tweaking my robots.txt file alot lately, with the help of everyones posts here.
Looks like I may have to start blocking access with a .htaccess file - but honestly just reading about them starts to make my head spin. Lots of great information on this site - I am trying to absorb as much as possible! Thanks everyone!
"These requests are generated by someone using IE with Microsoft Office installed. IE will query the server to see if it supports web discussions. This query will only happen if the user has the discussion bar turned on..."