Everything works fine till an error document is requested by the server. It is not shown. But if I delete the first line ("AddType application/x-httpd-php .html") everything works fine (except the parsing). Is there anybody who can find the problem?
WHy do you have multiple ErrorDocuments declared for each error type? You can declare different ErrorDocuments within different .htaccess files, but only one per type per .htaccess file will be used, and I'm not sure whether Apache will use the first or second one - I suspect the second...
If you have the option, increase you error logging level to see if you can dig any more help out of the error log.
Well, I tried to eliminate every line, except: ErrorDocument 404 /error404.html Nevertheless, it doesn't work. The funny thing is, that the error 403 is fine. If I try to access forbidden folders with the browser - the correct document is shown. Another strange thing: When I try to reach the following, non existing document: [localhost...] the serverpage which says that error 500 occured appears. But not the one I defined in the .htaccess. Well, there should be a simple error 404. If I ad just one letter to the address like this: [localhost...] everything is okay - the error404.html appears.
I tried to set the error level to debug. Unfortunately, I do not understand enough of the messages that appear. The only critical seems to be the one I posted before.