I'm not sure how many pages there are, but I did find THIS [mythologic.net].
By the time anyone has answered those questions, they'd be out of date.
There are serious studies like this too
2 foot six - is my answer
1. Just a bit shy of infinite. Most pages are dynamic so they can be created in many ways.
2. Those that do not specifically indicate not to be indexed. (A la Blake Field v Google)
3. See #1 answer.
There are 20,410,000,000 pages on Google with 'the' on them. Add in foreign lanuage sites, then double the number (as Google probably hasn't indexed half of the web) and you probably have a rough number of pages. Of course I don't know how many new pages are added daily, hourly, etc.
|1. How many pages are there on the Internet. |
2. What part of Internet is indexed by SE?
3. How many new pages comes up every day?
1) One! That's the one you're looking at. That's the one that I sweated over for 2 years to get to the top of the serps. That's the one I pay for advertising on. That's the one that contains auxillary listings for my widgets. One, and just one.
2) The pages that contain my widgets. Some SE's are better than others, but I still manage to scratch out a few indexed pages in most of them.
3) Not enough... I'm a poor old overworked man.. gimme some space. I'm trying to keep those that I already have out there up to date, but I promise to write another one soon.
|I'm not sure how many pages there are, but I did find THIS [mythologic.net]. |
... might as well [turnofftheinternet.com]
RonPK: There is more to Life, the Universe, and Everything than the Internet.
My family tells me so ;-)
And, guess what?
There is more to the WWW than is found in Google!
There are a multitude of huge sites i.e. B2B, each millions of pages, happily existing in 'gated communities' safe from bots and the great unwashed browsing public.
There is more to the Internet than the WWW!
There is even more to the Internet than http!
There is even, heaven help us, more to the Internet than IM!
There's a statistical theory that if you gave a million monkeys typewriters and set them to work, they'd eventually come up with the complete works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Internet, we now know this isn't true.
anyway if ya did ..some one would just scrape it and slap adsense on it ..and then wonder why their check "didn't get here yet" :(
|There's a statistical theory that if you gave a million monkeys typewriters and set them to work, they'd eventually come up with the complete works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Internet, we now know this isn't true |
they'd probably claim "faire use" or that "Will" or the monkeys should 've opted ou via robots txt
|I'm not sure how many pages there are, but I did find THIS [webmasterworld.com]. |
... might as well [webmasterworld.com]
...but before you do, save a copy [w3schools.com]...
bedlam ..luv it ;)))..first time I 've seen it ..
gotta go find my diskettes now ;)
Rats, it wouldn't fit on my Google flash drive:)
Searching for "com"
Google - 5,700,000,000
Yahoo - 10,100,000,000
MSN - 2,755,534,670
You probably should start your search Here [internetfirstpage.com].
great one, bedlam.
Someone(an ex in-law) once insisted to me that he had surfed the Internet and had gotten to the end. He said he stayed up very late that night. He knows nothing about computers, but he truly believed, and there was no convincing him otherwise, that he had seen it all.
|anyway if ya did ..some one would just scrape it and slap adsense on it |
How sadly true is that? >;->
i also got this article and picture:
Picture of whole internet:
[edited by: lawman at 12:43 pm (utc) on Feb. 5, 2006]
Maybe those were the photos my in-law was refering to.
My internet is a window about 19 inches (measured diagonally).
Ask Google, they own it.
European, American or UK size?
There's this page telling the number of users which means more than the number of pages because most of the pages are worthless spam now.
[edited by: lawman at 11:44 am (utc) on Feb. 14, 2006]
[edit reason] Links To Press Releases Are Not Considered Authoritative [/edit]