This is a list of the top ten positive things that can/should/may happen to those of us who have lost position in the latest update.
It's mostly humor, with a little truth thrown in:
1. No more phone calls/e-mails from people who don't take the time to read what you make. (That's the problem the number one guy has, now:>)
2. You can take the time to read about that cool cult-like thing 'jumping the shark' and speculate if Google did.
3. You can call your competitor (who lost also) and take him out for a drink...you both deserve it.
4. You get a VACATION! That's right- A 4 WEEK vacation! Compliments of Google! No work for a month! (Life is great:>)
5. You actually pick up a newspaper and lightly scan the classifieds (for a job)...and see that your horoscope called it right...last week. (DOH!)
6. You COULD start hassling the 'new' number one. (People could get quite creative here. Possibly giving them some 'tips', or possibly a free copy of WPG2?...my mind is whirling..)
7. You start writing content and find out that your OWN website is a year out-of-date anyway...by reading the new number one.
8. You actually begin to read some of the spam e-mail you recieve. (Trying to relive the glory days)<added> I even turned my e-mail notification ON for this thread!:) </added>
9. Did I mention you can actually take a vacation?
10. The most important: I get to spend some extra time with my family this weekend....putting puzzles together.
I may try some logic puzzles also. Then I may make my OWN logic puzzle and let my family try to figure it out.
Hmmm..what would the subject be...something about an 'update'?
For Humor sake:>)