| 10:57 am on Oct 11, 2005 (gmt 0)|
| 11:28 am on Oct 11, 2005 (gmt 0)|
| 2:45 pm on Oct 11, 2005 (gmt 0)|
| 11:33 am on Oct 12, 2005 (gmt 0)|
Take care about the keywords in the following areas :-
File name or URL
Links and text which is hyperlinked
etc.. Are some of the areas which determine the keyword relevancy for adsense.
and if possible, get your JS in seperate page and include it using <script src="external JS file"> tag.
| 1:26 pm on Oct 12, 2005 (gmt 0)|
I have been able to "fix" many of them with the new targetting tags, but some seem quite stubborn.
However, it makes me wonder if they have tweaked Adsense to give more favorable targeting to lightly coded and pure html sites to combat the scraper/database driven "5 minutes for 10,000 pages" epidemic.
| 1:44 pm on Oct 12, 2005 (gmt 0)|
Freq-a properly made scraper site should have little-to-no code visible in the final html if the html is generated with php for example.
| 2:12 pm on Oct 12, 2005 (gmt 0)|
I understand that. But the majority of the "free" scripts out there that newbies looking for a quick buck use to clog the web with scraper and database driven junk do not run clean.
It would not be that difficuly for $G to dedicate a small team to develop ways to detect and penalize the most common "bad" scripts so the systems (SERPS and Adsense) are not encouraged their use by good income.
| 3:18 pm on Oct 12, 2005 (gmt 0)|
| 3:42 pm on Oct 12, 2005 (gmt 0)|
Interesting suggestion to put the js code in an external file ... does it slow things down, though?
| 3:45 pm on Oct 12, 2005 (gmt 0)|
No, it tends to speed everything up because the file containing all the JS code only has to load one time. Every page calling it becomes smaller by a little or sometimes by a lot.
| 3:01 pm on Oct 13, 2005 (gmt 0)|
For more the a year I had my Adsense code inside IFrames, and it worked well. Targeted ads, and no slow down due to Adsense server delays. I believe I got targeted ads even in the Google cache using IFrames! (IFrames: Inline Frames, not standard Frames)
About a month ago the Adsense ads in these IFrames became intermittent (many PSA's) and poorly targeted, about the time the "section targeting" capability was added. Also at that time ASA had offered to look into my problem but I had to tell ASA I had already removed the IFrames.
I've now removed the IFrames to rectify the targeting problem. It appears the Adsense servers performance has improved since last year. If you're using IFrames or maybe even frames try it without.
| 3:22 pm on Oct 15, 2005 (gmt 0)|
More on this.
Google claimed that it was a "conflict" of our js code versus theirs. But I look at the site in Firefox, and our js dropdowns work fine, while AdSense is invisible.
Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Failure" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: [pagead2.googlesyndication.com...] :: google_init_globals :: line 349" data: no]