homepage Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 54.197.147.90
register, free tools, login, search, pro membership, help, library, announcements, recent posts, open posts,
Pubcon Platinum Sponsor 2014
Home / Forums Index / Google / Google AdSense
Forum Library, Charter, Moderators: incrediBILL & jatar k & martinibuster

Google AdSense Forum

    
Sure hope todays clicks are not up to date
killroy




msg:1441138
 1:08 pm on Aug 27, 2003 (gmt 0)

My clicks are lagging MASSIVELY beehind norm, at least 60% lower.
Impressions are normal, I hope there is a delay in reporting, enybody else experiencing this?

SN

 

Marcus Aurelius




msg:1441139
 1:11 pm on Aug 27, 2003 (gmt 0)

It's natural, I suggest you only check it once a day to avoid going crazy.

killroy




msg:1441140
 1:17 pm on Aug 27, 2003 (gmt 0)

*but* *but* *but* can-not arrrrgh *POOF*

seindal




msg:1441141
 5:18 pm on Aug 27, 2003 (gmt 0)

Maybe less than that, in you case, killroy :-)

taxpod




msg:1441142
 9:33 pm on Aug 27, 2003 (gmt 0)

Check stats for anything once a day?

You guys can really do that?

I just joined AdSense and I hope that after ten years I'll be able to check stats 10 times a day!

JVB_Mktg




msg:1441143
 10:36 pm on Aug 27, 2003 (gmt 0)

You mean only once an hour right? Once a day would be.. um.. err.. impossible

Sharper




msg:1441144
 10:38 pm on Aug 27, 2003 (gmt 0)

To make you feel better, my CTR is down about 30% yesterday and today. It's corrected back up a little bit this afternoon after a site change, but it's still lower than usual. I suspect it's the same end-of-the-month-ad-budgets-gone business that seemed to drive things a little lower last month as well.

If it doesn't pick back up by Sept. 2nd, then I'll start worrying....

jonknee




msg:1441145
 11:03 pm on Aug 27, 2003 (gmt 0)

My CTR has been going through massive swings the past few days:

August 24 - Normal (maybe a tad high)
August 25 - Down 150%
August 26 - Back to normal
August 27 - Down 125%

Hope it's just the end of the month budget crunch :)

seindal




msg:1441146
 11:19 pm on Aug 27, 2003 (gmt 0)

How can they be down 150%? Did you have a negative number?

valortrade




msg:1441147
 11:27 pm on Aug 27, 2003 (gmt 0)

How can they be down 150%? Did you have a negative number?

For example: Yesterday's CTR - 0.5%, today's CTR - 0.2%, so down 150%.

arubicus




msg:1441148
 11:32 pm on Aug 27, 2003 (gmt 0)

You mean a decrease of 60%

5-2=3
3/5 = .6 or 60%

or

1-(2/5)*100 = 60 or 60%

60% is the amount of decrease between 5 and 2. 2 is 40% of 5. The remainder that is missing is the other 60% to equal 100%

The other way around. If yesterday 2 and today is 5. Then it would be an increase amount of 150% or 3.

5-2=3 3/2=1.5 or 150%

It incerased 3 clicks or 1.5 times the base amount of 2.

In terms of your click rate going down = the same thing.

You had a .5% click rate and it went down to .2%

so .005 - .002 = .003
.003/.005 = .6 or 60% decrease

Your click rate today is 40% of what it was yesterday and decreased 60% from yesterday.

bragov




msg:1441149
 1:52 am on Aug 28, 2003 (gmt 0)

Being Very Careful with my math--my CTR is today about half of what it's been the last three days, with slightly above average impressions. This will of course only encourage killroy in his obsessiveness...misery loves company.

BTW, killroy, I think you should change your ads to red and yellow to match the other stuff. That would look very classy.

Marcus Aurelius




msg:1441150
 4:59 pm on Aug 28, 2003 (gmt 0)

In the last week the CTR WENT UP and revenues went down, then CTR went up again and this time revenue went up with it (100%). So now total revenues have doubled, as you can tell from all of the above, the less you check adsense stats the saner you become and the better your cash flow becomes.

Go figure.

I refuse to check any stat more than once a day, usually check it just before I start work.

taxpod




msg:1441151
 5:29 pm on Aug 28, 2003 (gmt 0)

arubicus,

Great post. I wish there was more of that around here!

arubicus




msg:1441152
 7:48 pm on Aug 28, 2003 (gmt 0)

Thanks taxpod!

Percentages always gave me problems (i have done the same thing as valortrade many times). I have been crunching numbers and creating charts and graph for adsense latetly so I felt I was up to par to try and explain the error.

JollyK




msg:1441153
 10:27 pm on Aug 28, 2003 (gmt 0)

CTR is fine today, but EPC is down by 70% (yes, really, arubicus, I double checked with your figures too! hehe!).

Yikes!

Global Options:
 top home search open messages active posts  
 

Home / Forums Index / Google / Google AdSense
rss feed

All trademarks and copyrights held by respective owners. Member comments are owned by the poster.
Home ¦ Free Tools ¦ Terms of Service ¦ Privacy Policy ¦ Report Problem ¦ About ¦ Library ¦ Newsletter
WebmasterWorld is a Developer Shed Community owned by Jim Boykin.
© Webmaster World 1996-2014 all rights reserved