That's all I ever really want from adsense is direct deposit.
But maybe we could start to get bimonthly or even *gasp* WEEKLY payments!
(my first post! :)
Quicker checks. Direct Deposit would help that a little but I want my checks at least 2 weeks after the end of the month not 4.
"More money" would be my first choice. :P
But if I have to stay in reality then I further the motion for direct deposit!
Payment frequency options may be good, but I'd like to see alternative currency payments added too.
Oh I can think of a few things:
* A bigger piece of the revenue-pie for the publisher.
* Better and faster tracking.
* Real-time updates.
* A list letting you see your best performing pages.
* Other payment options: direct deposit, paypal.
* Getting the check 2 weeks earlier.
Paypal would be absolutely great, but it probably will never happen :(
Direct deposits would be nice though, especially for non-us publishers like me.
Only allowing one click/day per IP address.
More flexibility in ad formatting - for example, being able to set our own width parameter for an ad block. Or having some of the narrower ad blocks (e.g., the button, half-banner, and small rectangle) where we can define the number of ads to be displayed (up to four or five), essentially giving more flexibility for "inline squares" or alternatives to skyscrapers.
Permitting users to define which ad block gets served first, second, and third such that we don't have to play games with css or tables to get ads served in the most appropriate order.
Positive and negative "hints", which Google can use (or not use) if nothing else to compare what they are serving to what webmasters want, and ideally to correct mismatches between ad content and page content.
Oh yes... When we use an internal AdSense feature to affect the ad block (e.g., rotating colors) for Google to automatically provide feedback on the relative success of the chosen color schemes.
I'd say .. greater flexibility regarding channels/tracking .. being able to DELETE channels .. (oh how I wish to do this) .. better still, page by page tracking WITHOUT having to implement or specify exact channels. Just too much hassle .. hate hasting time and effort on tasks that have technical solutions. Increased productivity and all that.
Gotta be a way to do this from a technical standpoint .. though mebbe not something Team G would be comfortable providing us with.
As far as diret deposit .. oh I don't care so much .. but with my sinking US dollar .. mayby Euros .. or bushels of wheat would be worth more ;)
For all that is holy, direct deposit. 1 week clear time and a 15 euro service fee on every check really stinks, here in Germany.
DIRECT DEPOSIT... please!
Here Here on Direct Deposit, but also to be able to block our own clicks so there is no way of "accidentally clicking" our ads. I never believed I could do this, but after a delayed click it landed on an ad...I almost had a coronary!
* 600x75 ad format (leaderboard too big, standard banner too small)
* Less "discounts" ($0.02 clicks are not acceptable, I say cap the minimum at a true $0.05)
* Less delay on channel reports (currently one day's report is delayed by 24 hours + 1 second, so take away the first 24 hours...)
* Smarter targeting (I see good targeting streaks and I see horrible targeting streaks, please stick with the good formulas and my CTR would thank you)
* Direct deposits (one check was lost in transit and I wasn't allowed to ask them to re-issue it until 70 days after the end of the month in question - not acceptable)
* Separate CTR/EPC tracking on images vs. text.
* Ability to maintain a registry list of IPs that can be automatically excluded from click tracking.
* Ad keyword filtering (I think this is already a premium option)
* Ability to set default generic date range (I would prefer "this month" to "today")
...That's all I can think of at the moment.
|Ability to set default generic date range (I would prefer "this month" to "today") |
I would like the reporting page to remember the criteria for the last report viewed, even after logging out.
Imagine how much time this would save in extra clicks with the average advertiser (like me) logging in 50 times a day to check stats!
<me too>Direct Deposit</mee too>
Oooooh .. feeling myself being pulled into the "direct deposit" camp .. the peer pressure is just too persuasive!
(as an aside, wondering if the demand for DD is due to check size rather than convenience .. I mean, even if G offered DD .. I'd STILL have to deal with other affiliate program's funds that don't offer DD)
Finally, to reiterate what some others have said .. ability to block an IP (mine, eg) to help alleviate accidental click paranoia.
Would also help facilitate manual review of ads ..
And .. oh .. how about eliminating URLs from ads altogether to "discourage" the manual typeins by visitors that I know happens a lot.
Might be good for everyone's bottom line except, er, advertisers ..
I would like test modes for channels. While developing new content it would be very helpful to put any particular channel into a test mode whereby no clicks would be counted. Then I can do the final tweaks to the content live and not "click around on eggshells"
Oh, and more ad formats.. That should be an easy one for G.
1. Direct Deposit. (I would prefer a well-known and big Bank rather than Paypal).
2. Ways to declare where are we working from (IPís). The threat of clicking by mistake is taking a lot of brain and emotional resources.
3. No URLs in the Ad. Names, Logos and URLs may be paid (partially) on a CPM basis.
Higher eCPM. I would happily accept my cheque by messenger pigeon if it was twice the amount.
Ok, on a more prictical note..I'd like some way of setting context. Google doesn't want everyone having keyword control, but I wouldn't mind being able to set up context. Eg Windows (Microsoft) or windows (window frames).
Welcome to the new members. SysRq, one click per IP is not a good idea. You do know that AOL, compuserve etc use one IP for thousands of visitors? You stand to lose a lot.
I'm surprised at how much demand there is for direct deposit. I, for one, am beginning to think DD is not such a good idea. With a cheque I can put it into whichever account I want and vary it from month to month. For tax purposes and other purposes it helps to have more control about where your money goes.
The higher % for publishers is again something I find difficult to understand. Google already pays publishers the lion's share of the ad cost (over 70% according to some reports).
I'd like to see the delay for channels removed. I'd like to see some formal way for publishers to approach Google to tweak widely off target ads. I'd like to see more columns in the stats page - maybe for the EPC that everyone seems so obsessed with :)
| This 44 message thread spans 2 pages: 44 (  2 ) > > |