I'd really like for AdSense members to have the option to insert an additional code element.
We already have this:
google_ad_client = 'pub-555555';
google_ad_width = 120;
google_ad_height = 600;
google_ad_format = '120x600_as';
how about adding this optional field:
google_ad_groupid = '[user-specified_group_name]-[subgroup_name]'
Webmasters could use the first groupid segment for the site name and the subgroup segment for the topic or page.
google_ad_groupid = 'mysitename-travel' and
google_ad_groupid = 'myothersite-vitamins'
Ideally, then, on the report page, one could display statistics by:
- Time period (last [x] [hours / days / weeks / months / years])
- Time of day (e.g., 9am-5pm, PST)
- Day of week (e.g., weekdays, all days...)
- Paying vs. non paying ads
- Visitor's country of origin (by country, by continent, include/exclude)
It'd be even better if Google helped those of us who don't like whipping out our calculators or doing complex equations in our head by offering a few basic calculations online, even with some nice graphs to show trends:
- Ratio of clicks per impression (CTR)
- Average earning per 100 clicks (EPC)
- Average earning per 1000 impressions (RPM)
Perhaps Google could also enable Webmasters to download a comma-separated sheet of their statistics, allowing folks to do even more detailed playing around with their data.
In the end, even though I have -- to be honest -- a pretty miniscule site in the Google-scope of things, I'd like to be able to ask AND ANSWER the following questions:
- Which pages on my site are the most 'profitable' for me overall?
- Are there certain pages that earn me nothing outside of business hours?
- Am I making any revenues from non-US visitors, and if so, on what pages?
- Which of my pages are getting the most impressions?
- Which pages offer the most lucrative average click prices?
Whew, I guess that's a good start, eh?
What would make AdSense statistics more useful for YOU?