try it and see, no doubt you will have the 100% fact :)
I have seen it in as little as an hour.
|I have seen it in as little as an hour. |
... but mine is totally new website with new domain that was not yet spidered by google. not just a subpage of existing web site.
yours was also totally new?
After more than 8 hours still no targeted ads, just charties, on my totally new site (with new domain name)!
And somebody said that it takes about 1 hour! Not possible!
This thread may indicate there may be a small problem with new pages which may well affect new sites.
I have seen new pages in the past, targetted within minutes of them being uploaded and viewed.
|I have seen new pages in the past, targetted within minutes of them being uploaded and viewed. |
so why my new website with new domain is not targeted yet, after more than 8 hours?
(all my other web sites with the same code are targetted very well)
If you read the thread that Visit Thailand posted a link to, there is a discussion about this. Even though the AdSense bot is visiting, new pages are not showing targeted ads yet. This problem seems to have started over the last few days.
I'm experiencing the case where I was getting targeted ads for days. Now the ads are no longer targeted.
The page had not changed in any way. I tweaked out phrases that might have generated the new "target". Still no help.
Anybody with this experience and/or wisdoms to offer?
I created a brand new site - and in fact had no intention of running adsense until I had finished the site etc.
However the templates I used had the adsense code in already and before I could remove it I had clicked on a number of pages to test my installation.
The ads served were the default charty ones. Within the hour a googlebot (the media partners one) had visited just the pages I had browsed and soon after that the ads where appropriatly page related.
Hope this helps...
Just to stir an old thread... I'm amazed! Put up a page with a new article, and the ads served were relevant in 5 minutes!
I had relevant keywords in the URL of my new website (infact I tried it, just minutes after I got the registration confirmation for my new domain), and content was targetted instantly. Google probably extracts information from the URL, if Mediabot has not visited the site yet.
I'm having the experience where initially the ads are relevant to the web page. But later, 1-2 days, they change and become less so. Anybody?
|But later, 1-2 days, they change and become less so |
Are they still targeted though? You could just be experiencing normal ad inventory fluctuations. Also keep in mind that some advertisers turn off their AdWords campaigns over the weekend, if you happen to notice this change from Friday afternoon through Monday morning.
If you are showing PSAs, that is a whole difference scenario though.
Hmm, good point.
Would this also explain why two pages with the exact same html would show different ads within basically the time it takes to refresh?
e.g. index.html shows ads for widgets
and not_index.html shows ads for whirly_gigs
Unless a page is a pretty narrow niche market, you will see fluctuations on many of them when you refresh. This takes into account ad popularity, the amount people are bidding (some keyword bids are updated by watchful advertisers throughout the day), and the amount each advertiser sets for a daily budget, and how close they are to reaching it. Sometimes it is a case of the ads shuffling places, or only one ad swapping in and out on refresh.
If you go to other sites showing AdSense, you will see the ads changing on refresh. Your site isn't being singled out :)
In certain cases, Googlebot must spider and index your site before the ads start targeting.
Appearantly as soon as a single page from a domain is spidered and indexed, the whole domain qualifies for targeted ads form the mediabot spider.