Msg#: 14707 posted 1:23 am on Jun 22, 2006 (gmt 0)
I just implemented AS click tracking so that I can see who is clicking where when it comes to my adsense ads. Interestingly enough I am noticing that many of my visitors are clicking more than one ad on my page.
1) Has anyone else noticed this?
2) If so, is this normal?
3) Will G ignore the first clicks and only reward the last one made?
4) Will PPC go down with every click a user makes in one ad unit at one sitting?
Msg#: 14707 posted 7:42 am on Jun 23, 2006 (gmt 0)
1) I'm noticing the same. About every third 'ad-clicker' clicks at least twice.
2) My ads are mostly travel related and I would say it's quite normal to compare hotel rates or last minute offers before making a decision and thus clicking several ads.
3) Not from my experience and why should Google do that? From the advertizer's point of view it's a competing market and they have to pay their share to make business. So at least Google will charge them and surely we get paid for each click. (Maybe my channel data are fooling me and are showing a couple of clicks but only one got paid, but I can't imagine that.)