homepage Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from
register, free tools, login, search, pro membership, help, library, announcements, recent posts, open posts,
Pubcon Platinum Sponsor 2014
Home / Forums Index / Google / Google AdSense
Forum Library, Charter, Moderators: incrediBILL & jatar k & martinibuster

Google AdSense Forum

Adblocking: Number One Thing to be Fixed
Adsense needs to do something to overcome adblocking.

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 5+ Year Member

Msg#: 10957 posted 4:46 pm on Dec 8, 2005 (gmt 0)

I consider my site to be a midsize site with only rich content.

Adsense always shows an average of 700-800 less page impressions the three other stats that I am fowllowing each day including Google Analytics.

I figured due to Adblocking Adsenase, publishers and the advertisers are loosing lots of potential each day.

I contacted Adsense and asked if anything they can do in thea future to be able to overcome adblocking. They said they will work on it and will consider.

I feel that Adsense realizes the damage that Adblocking is causing.

What are your thoughts?

Have you contacted Adsense and gave feedback on this issue?




WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Msg#: 10957 posted 6:01 pm on Dec 8, 2005 (gmt 0)

It's not just adblocking, it's also people turning off javascript. I don't think there will ever be a way to force ads onto a user. The only other way would to be ban the users which don't see your ads. However, that in itself cause problems.


WebmasterWorld Senior Member 5+ Year Member

Msg#: 10957 posted 8:50 pm on Dec 8, 2005 (gmt 0)

I think Adsense may be realizing the problem and they will work on it. May be there is another way to create a code?

Have you addressed the issue with the Adsense team?


5+ Year Member

Msg#: 10957 posted 10:18 pm on Dec 8, 2005 (gmt 0)

The only way Google could address this problem is by cutting deals with the ad blocking software designers so that they don't block Google ads.

Or...offer a tool for FREE (or at least cheap) that is more attractive than everything else out there, to make the other programs obsolete. (Like they are doing with Analytics.)

Microsoft is moving in this direction and you can bet Google is as well.

Now that Adsense isn't the only game in town they have to address the competition from the other side to maintain their marketshare.



WebmasterWorld Administrator incredibill us a WebmasterWorld Top Contributor of All Time 5+ Year Member Top Contributors Of The Month

Msg#: 10957 posted 10:21 pm on Dec 8, 2005 (gmt 0)

There is a solution but only premium publishers have access to it.

Unless you all get real smart and can implement or install server side scripting there isn't much AdSense can do to solve this except sit and spin on their thumbs.


5+ Year Member

Msg#: 10957 posted 2:25 am on Dec 9, 2005 (gmt 0)

What is the percentage of users that visit your site that have jave enabled? On my site that number is 97.85% Yeah, it would be nice to have the other 2.15% jave enable as well.

Does anyone have any idea or any facts on what would be a good percentage of java enabled users should be for a site?


WebmasterWorld Senior Member powdork us a WebmasterWorld Top Contributor of All Time 10+ Year Member

Msg#: 10957 posted 4:23 am on Dec 9, 2005 (gmt 0)

Here's one thing you can do.
How many of you are hosted with 1and1.com?
Did you just get a letter about more features and space?
Did you see they are offering 3 months free Norton Internet Security?
Did you search through the email and find a place for feedback?
Did you let them know what Norton does and how prevents us from showing even the 1and1 banners on our sites?
Did you let them know that if they continue to promote Norton, you would find someone who doesn't?

I did. I am sure there are other companies promoting Norton that aren't aware they are promoting someone who is working against them. Let them know.

Global Options:
 top home search open messages active posts  

Home / Forums Index / Google / Google AdSense
rss feed

All trademarks and copyrights held by respective owners. Member comments are owned by the poster.
Home ¦ Free Tools ¦ Terms of Service ¦ Privacy Policy ¦ Report Problem ¦ About ¦ Library ¦ Newsletter
WebmasterWorld is a Developer Shed Community owned by Jim Boykin.
© Webmaster World 1996-2014 all rights reserved