| 7:07 pm on Nov 16, 2003 (gmt 0)|
This is not happening accross the network. I would check and double check your code insertion. Make sure that your html editor is not changing the code when you save it
| 7:30 pm on Nov 16, 2003 (gmt 0)|
I'm using notepad, so I'm pretty sure the code is right... I've checked through it and it looks OK. Any other ideas?
| 7:41 pm on Nov 16, 2003 (gmt 0)|
It must be something to do with the parameters in the call to google. The URL that the iframe is calling is:
where I assume [my-account] is my id and [my-url] is my page address.
When I paste this direct into a browser I get an error. If looked at other sites' code, and their url calls are very similar.
The main difference is their account id... the one I looked at seemed to have a named id rather than a string of digits... is this a clue?
When I pasted my ID into their URL, I get a 403 error again...
| 7:43 pm on Nov 16, 2003 (gmt 0)|
...and now when I click on that link above, with the id and url replaced with garbage, I see PSA ads! What's wrong with my code?
| 8:39 pm on Nov 16, 2003 (gmt 0)|
named IDs are for premium publishers. Regular publishers get the string of numbers.
Go back into your AdSense account and get a fresh copy of the script, just leaving it at the default colors. Cut and paste it and see if it works then.
Secondly, was your application for AdSense on this site initally rejected, then accepted? Rejected URLs have a block placed on them, maybe they are using 403 errors now for them.
If the above doesn't resolve it, just drop an email to email@example.com explaining the problem. Leave the code up on one page, if possible, so they can take a look at it, too.
<added>I remember someone a couple of months ago mentioning having trouble using AdSense because his site wasn't yet in the Google index. Google told him to wait until it was in the index before using AdSense again. Not sure if this has changed since then. </added>
| 9:10 pm on Nov 16, 2003 (gmt 0)|
Thanks Jenstar. Tried the default code but still no luck.
My application was initially rejected so perhaps that is it... I'll try emailing them.
| 4:42 am on Nov 17, 2003 (gmt 0)|
Others have reported not being able to display the ads on an accepted site, when it had been previously rejected. A quick email to AdSense cleared it up, and the block was removed.
| 8:50 am on Nov 18, 2003 (gmt 0)|
You were right Jenstar... I got a mail back from Google stating that because my application was rejected initially, I had to wait for my site to be unblocked.
The figures they gave were about 24 hours for PSAs to start being served, and 48 hours for targeted ads to appear.
| 7:02 pm on Nov 19, 2003 (gmt 0)|
There you go, another problem solved by Jenstar :-)