| 7:29 pm on Nov 10, 2005 (gmt 0)|
More options to customize Google's Search features. Ability to integrate the search box like premium publishers already have. This is an overlooked money maker in my opinion.
| 7:32 pm on Nov 10, 2005 (gmt 0)|
Indeed, some of the features of premium users to be able to make the ads look better and more like real content would be extremely welcome.
| 7:40 pm on Nov 10, 2005 (gmt 0)|
I want more stable CPC and Bank transfer to Croatia!
| 7:44 pm on Nov 10, 2005 (gmt 0)|
Hmmm where to start...
Dear Santa Google,
1) I would like conversion ratio stats by channel
2) I would like CPC stats in report
3) I would like Adlinks and CPM ads to be seperated from content report
4) I would like refferals to pay at lesser increments let's say $5 (in case publisher disapears before reaching $100)
5) I would like you to publish our % cut per clicks from the price you charge the advertisers
6) I would like a detailed report where i can see con/search/refferals combined like overview
7) I would like Smart pricing to be smarter and calculated by page
8) I would like flashing lights and sirens when smart pricing is in effect
9) I would like my adsense money to be transferable to my adwords account
10) I would like bi-monthly cheques
11) I would like ability to buy Adwords from paypal
12) I would like to get paid Adsense through paypal
There you go! Enough for the twelve days of Christmas. Anyone care to put it to music?
| 8:42 pm on Nov 10, 2005 (gmt 0)|
Removal of smart pricing.
| 12:46 pm on Nov 11, 2005 (gmt 0)|
GOOGLE 767 JET
| 1:23 pm on Nov 11, 2005 (gmt 0)|
Option to have total earnings sent by email at the end of the day.
Option to have email alert when page impressions stop suddenly (ie to alert when site is down).
| 1:35 pm on Nov 11, 2005 (gmt 0)|
option to set EPC :)
| 3:06 pm on Nov 11, 2005 (gmt 0)|
I would love a larger ad filter list.
| 3:34 pm on Nov 11, 2005 (gmt 0)|
Feedback on your site, how well it fits TOS and where they think could be problem areas.
| 4:25 pm on Nov 11, 2005 (gmt 0)|
I wish google can send our adsense money thru eft here in Hong Kong. I just don't understand why they can't do it here, I think Hong Kong banking system is one of the finest in the world.
| 5:10 pm on Nov 11, 2005 (gmt 0)|
Removal of smart pricing. I cannot find anything smart in them. It is a totally useless, complex algo with no real benefits to anyone, us, them or the advertisers.
The idea may have some theoretical value, but the implementation is garbage.
| 5:12 pm on Nov 11, 2005 (gmt 0)|
I'd like something nicer than the "8 tips to optimize AdSense" that I got from them last year! LOL
I understand that other publishers got nicer presents.
Oh yeah, I'd like to earn both of us more money next year, too.
| 5:37 pm on Nov 11, 2005 (gmt 0)|
| 9:35 pm on Nov 11, 2005 (gmt 0)|
Dear Adsense Santa,
I would like:
1. To know which ad was clicked on
2. To know when the ad was clicked on - (so I can compare it with my stats and see how the person got to my website in the first place, search engine, search terms etc)
That would help enormously.
p.s. I have left a saucer of milk out for the Adsense reindeer ;)
| 10:20 pm on Nov 11, 2005 (gmt 0)|
Thinking about the holidays already!? It gets earlier and earlier every year! ;)
Thanks for all the feedback on ways to improve AdSense. I'll be sure to pass this thread to the product team.
| 10:26 pm on Nov 11, 2005 (gmt 0)|
Giving Christmas presents is usually two way. ASA, could you ask the team what they would like for Christmas from us publishers, and post the results?
| 10:27 pm on Nov 11, 2005 (gmt 0)|
A minimum EPC option - sometimes I have to choose between AdSense and an alternative, but if I could run AdSense with a minimum EPC and an alternate ad then AdSense would be my choice every time.
A minimum number of ads option - I hate the appearance of leaderboards with just one ad, so I'd like the option of falling back on my alternate ad if that's all that's available.
The ability to set border color and "Ads by Gooogle" background colour separately.
| 10:30 pm on Nov 11, 2005 (gmt 0)|
The ability to suggest keywords for ads, at least by channel if not on by individual ad unit. Google can give suggestions as much or as little weight as they want, but (a) they're losing profits when they match poorly, and (b) they're doing nobody any favors by effectively refusing extensive feedback on how well their matching accords with what a publisher would deem to be a good match.
The ability to set a minimum price for targeted ads, or to shut them off for an entire site (as opposed to blocking advertisers).
Additional ad unit shapes and sizes or, better, the ability to create custom shapes and sizes within reasonable parameters.
Some measure by which a publisher can determine if a site or account has been hit by "smart pricing" and (to the extent possible) why. If a responsible publisher has pages which aren't converting, let them know so that they can do something about it - or let them set a default that pages which convert below a certain level get the alternate ad (and no penalty) instead of AdSense ads. If nothing else, the provision of such information will save me from having to read thread after thread blaming normal fluctuations in click value on smart pricing. ;-)
| 1:16 am on Nov 12, 2005 (gmt 0)|
Automatic generation of URL channels for every single page and ad unit. They wouldn't have to list them but you should be able to type in the url of a page and see the details for it, and for individual ad units at that location.
And hourly adsense stats by RSS. That way I wouldn't have to check my stats all the time... :)
| 1:37 am on Nov 12, 2005 (gmt 0)|
The ability to temporarily disable all Adsense ads on my website. The same way I can temporarily disable my Adwords campaign.
This feature can come in handy in many ways. An example of which, one may elect to disable all ads in the even of an click attack on your site.
| 1:38 am on Nov 12, 2005 (gmt 0)|
|Automatic generation of URL channels for every single page and ad unit. |
Also Adsense stats daily by email.
| 1:51 am on Nov 12, 2005 (gmt 0)|
And the ability to tell them 1 or 2 IP's that you do not want clicks and impressions from so you don't have to freak out when your mouse cursor gets a little too close to the ads for comfort.
This can't be hard, they already have algos that detect if you click your own ads. Have it check the clicks against the IP you supply too.
In fact it's so trivial to program that I suspect they have made a deliberate decision not to give us this ability. Maybe to keep us on our toes.
| 2:59 am on Nov 12, 2005 (gmt 0)|
I guess it is enough. I dont want anything else from them anymore. AdSense, which ws my favourite till last month, is now a sad story .
Maybe i would still want that google should be considerate enough that publishers are humans and not just pawns on their business chess.
| 3:24 am on Nov 12, 2005 (gmt 0)|
Remove "Stupid Pricing".
| 4:47 am on Nov 12, 2005 (gmt 0)|
Anything would be better than that Google radio I received last year. I never use it and yet it kills fresh new batteries in a matter of days.
| 5:11 am on Nov 12, 2005 (gmt 0)|
Dear Santa Google,
Please provide an Account Rep for established publishers.
| 5:17 am on Nov 12, 2005 (gmt 0)|
Telling those that get banned exactly why and what happened would be a big plus.
| 5:43 am on Nov 12, 2005 (gmt 0)|
1. End the experiment that shows as little as one ad in a four ad adblock when there are many more ads available. It isn't working and it looks horrid!
2. If our sites have been specifically targeted by an advertiser, give us separate stats for that so we can tell if we're actually benefiting from it.
3. Fix the mediabot so that it targets perfectly every time. I dislike having off-topic ads running and I do not like seeing ads for Southern California businesses when I'm in Northern Nevada. Although I spent the first 33 years of my life in Southern California, I don't think the mediabot was supposed to have psychic powers to detect that.
| This 56 message thread spans 2 pages: 56 (  2 ) > > |