| 4:11 pm on May 31, 2002 (gmt 0)|
$sql = "INSERT INTO MMUser VALUES(UserPrivilege,
| 4:16 pm on May 31, 2002 (gmt 0)|
Make sure your the letter case of the field names in your query match those in your db.
| 4:30 pm on May 31, 2002 (gmt 0)|
Did you figure it out? Must be letter case because your query is well formatted.
| 5:49 pm on May 31, 2002 (gmt 0)|
Thanks for the answers.
Unfortunately I will be unable to try it out for 10 days as i got a holiday. Still sad enough to check if I have any responses from home though.
| 7:02 pm on May 31, 2002 (gmt 0)|
I think I speak for everyone when I say:
| 9:03 am on Jun 1, 2002 (gmt 0)|
Do you have the error message from the mysql function call? Usually the error messages are quite verbose, and they help the development quite a lot.
Another cause I can think of is escaping the invalid characters in the SQL statement, since you basically put the variables straight into the SQL statement. Some character, especially the single quote (') should not be used because it is in conflict with the single quote around the string. You might need to replace it with two single quotes ('') to escape it. I'll suggest you to consider using PEAR or ADODB, which supports parameters in the SQL statement, and that really makes things easier and more portable.
| 4:55 pm on Jun 1, 2002 (gmt 0)|
I dont actually get an error. The parameters are passed ok, but are just not inserted.
I will look into the " and ''s and inform on my findings.
Nick - Sorry mate, what can I say or do. :-)
| 6:12 pm on Jun 1, 2002 (gmt 0)|
hehe, don't worry I'm just a grumpy old bugger.
Try running that query from the command line in MySQL
| 7:10 pm on Jun 1, 2002 (gmt 0)|
|I dont actually get an error. |
You won't see the error without asking for it - unless it's a fatal error. Put this code immediately following your query.
echo "the db error is: ".mysql_error($sql);
This will return any error the SQL statement incurred while executing so you can see them. I put some text before the error "the db error is..." just so I know the command executed fine.
| 8:51 am on Jun 10, 2002 (gmt 0)|
It appears i missed out a couple of bits of code
<$pResult=mysql_query( $sql , $db_connection );>
Which I am reliably informed sends the query to MySQL.
There was also a numerical auto increment field that was messing things up during my insert script.
Thanks all for your help.