When run there is consistently nothing being printed for the referrer address. (The ip address is fine.) This occurs even when I put a test link on a page on a different unconnected server on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean.
Is there something wrong with the server set up ( out of my direct control.) or is there something I am doing wrong?
I bet I'm not the first to have this problem though
far from it, no one spells it that way
from the dictionary
<World-Wide Web> A misspelling of "referrer" which somehow made it into the HTTP standard. A given web page's referer (sic) is the URL of whatever web page contains the link that the user followed to the current page. Most browsers pass this information as part of a request.
That explains it. I checked it out afterwards and found that everyone spells it the same way. I thought it might have been my English. It isn't the native langauge around here and lately I have not been using it so much. I can spell Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantisiliogogogoch perfectly :-) (It is an actual real place name.)