I am new to the whole Pay-Per-Click system, so please excuse me if some of these questions seem some what obvious or ridiculous. I am doing my dissertation on Internet Marketing (tactics, technologies, etc) based on a web site I will build.
I am trying to get some kind of rough projections for the costs involved in using PPC to generate leads, (as opposed to selling a product) i.e. the visitor phones in or emails. I would be very greatful for any answers to the following questions:
1. Which are the best PPC services to use, and what constitutes a good PPC service, UK related only?
2. What are the kind of click-thru percentages can you expect, I saw a post in this forum
Position 1 = 40%
Position 2 = 25%
Position 3 = 20%
Rest = 15%
Is this fairly accurate?
3. I used overture's keyword tool, and found that on keywords related to the web site last month there were over 4000 searches on these keywords. To get position 1 on the related search engines the cost was about £1.75. So assuming a 40% click-thro rate, that would be about 1600 clicks * £1.75 = £2800 for that month on those keywords.
Is this correct? Are the number of searches overture shows fairly accurate?
4. From click-thruís is there any kind of rough percentage of those that then go on and fill in a form or email/phone? I guess a lot does depend on the site design. Maybe the figures would be similar to that of subscriptions to a web sites newsletter?
5. Also is PPC bid management software necessary? Any recommendations?
6. Any other facts/figures/thoughts of relevance would be appreciated?
Many thanks, I will post the research for my dissertation when it is completed, it may be of interest.