homepage Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from
register, free tools, login, search, pro membership, help, library, announcements, recent posts, open posts,
Become a Pro Member
Visit PubCon.com
Home / Forums Index / Code, Content, and Presentation / CSS
Forum Library, Charter, Moderators: not2easy

CSS Forum

90 Degree Vertical Text

 12:36 am on Mar 19, 2003 (gmt 0)

I am playing about with the following code: "filter:flipv()" within CSS.

What I want to do is flip the text so that it sits at a 90 degree angle and can be read from left to right, top to bottom (not mirrored).

I have tried: "filter:flipv(90) but this doesn't seem to work.

Am I going about this the wrong way? Am I using the right code? can I do this? Is this only an IE thing?




 1:00 am on Mar 19, 2003 (gmt 0)

That seems to be a DHTML [w3schools.com] object, from what I could find.

Welcome to Webmaster World!


 2:58 am on Mar 19, 2003 (gmt 0)

Thanks for the pointer, I found the code that I was looking for:

writing-mode: tb-rl;

You were right it was DHTML.

It writes the text from top to bottom, right to left. Perfect, although it is only IE 5.5 > compatible and don't even mention Netscape! ~:)

again thanks,

Global Options:
 top home search open messages active posts  

Home / Forums Index / Code, Content, and Presentation / CSS
rss feed

All trademarks and copyrights held by respective owners. Member comments are owned by the poster.
Home ¦ Free Tools ¦ Terms of Service ¦ Privacy Policy ¦ Report Problem ¦ About ¦ Library ¦ Newsletter
WebmasterWorld is a Developer Shed Community owned by Jim Boykin.
© Webmaster World 1996-2014 all rights reserved