I have just started my first attempt at a site using CSS for positioning (header and 2 columns). When the file is saved as .html everything is fine, but when the extension is changed to .php and I try to view it in IE 5.5 the source code pops up instead of the page showing in the browser. It works fine within Homesite (4.x) and Netscape 6. Is there anything special that needs to be done to use CSS with PHP?
Thanks for your help! I got it worked out, at least as well as it can get worked out I guess.
I have my Homesite settings set to use IE as the internal browser, and the page looks fine that way. It's when I click on the view external browser that the page displays fine in NN6, but in IE notepad opens showing the code instead. If I type the local file path/url into IE it works ok, although I could have sworn that last night even that didn't work. I'll just have to keep typing in the file name and click refresh to test changes as I'm working on it locally. When I uploaded a test copy to a server I didn't have any problems with it in either browser. And most importantly, the CSS worked the way I wanted it to - so far anyway!