homepage Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 54.197.183.230
register, free tools, login, search, pro membership, help, library, announcements, recent posts, open posts,
Pubcon Platinum Sponsor 2014
Home / Forums Index / Google / Google AdWords
Forum Library, Charter, Moderators: buckworks & eWhisper & skibum

Google AdWords Forum

    
AdWords: Buggy Content Network Conversions Data
One minute they are there, the next they are gone!
cline

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 8464 posted 8:49 pm on Jul 5, 2006 (gmt 0)

Anybody having trouble with content network conversion data since the layout change? A lot of the time the conversion data just disappears for me.

 

pete532

5+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 8464 posted 4:46 am on Jul 7, 2006 (gmt 0)

Same exact problem here. 9 days between June 20 and July 3 show no conversions on the Content Network. Same for all my campaigns. I'm surprised this hasn't had more coverage in the forums.

cline

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 8464 posted 4:08 pm on Jul 7, 2006 (gmt 0)

I'm getting some really weird stuff. Yesterday I could set the time period to All Time and get conversion data. However, if I trimed that period by just a few days, the conversions disappeared.

AdWordsAdvisor

WebmasterWorld Senior Member adwordsadvisor us a WebmasterWorld Top Contributor of All Time 10+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 8464 posted 5:27 pm on Jul 7, 2006 (gmt 0)

Anybody having trouble with content network conversion data since the layout change?

Same exact problem here.

Hmmmm. Have not heard reports of this, but I'll certainly take a look into it.

As is always the case, if you're experienceing "weird stuff' I hope you'll contact AdWords support with the details. If there is an issue, having 'working examples' in hand will help us track it down much more quickly.

Thanks in advance!

AWA

cline

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 8464 posted 5:55 pm on Jul 7, 2006 (gmt 0)

AWA, my rep has screenshots of the problem.

hannamyluv

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 8464 posted 8:03 pm on Jul 7, 2006 (gmt 0)

Has anyone had funny broad matching problems?

I got a slap on the wrist yesterday from an affiliate manager for trademark infringing. Except the trademark I supposedly infringed on was only remotly, as in one half of one word, like what I am advertsing on. And I know that it had to be true b/c I got paid for several leads related to that particular trademark yesterday.

The ad has been running for months and I have not had this problem.

Did you guys toy with broad match while you were making those other changes?

Draconian

5+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 8464 posted 8:40 pm on Jul 7, 2006 (gmt 0)

I got a slap on the wrist yesterday from an affiliate manager for trademark infringing. Except the trademark I supposedly infringed on was only remotly, as in one half of one word, like what I am advertsing on. And I know that it had to be true b/c I got paid for several leads related to that particular trademark yesterday.

Thanks a lot, that's very interesting... I think I will toy with that a bit!

cline

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 8464 posted 9:15 pm on Jul 7, 2006 (gmt 0)

hannamyluv, that's a known problem with expanded broadmatching. If you select broadmatching for your terms Adwords occasionally decides to run your ad on keywords other than the ones you have targeted but it thinks you should be targeting.

AdWordsAdvisor

WebmasterWorld Senior Member adwordsadvisor us a WebmasterWorld Top Contributor of All Time 10+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 8464 posted 9:51 pm on Jul 7, 2006 (gmt 0)

AWA, my rep has screenshots of the problem.

Many thanks, cline.

I'm surprised this hasn't had more coverage in the forums.

A brief update: I've explored this with the tech folks, and there are a (literal) handful of reported cases as of a few minutes ago. So all indications are that it is not widespread (which is perhaps backed up by two cases being mentioned here, after 24 hours).

As I understand it so far, you'll see the correct stats in your Ad Variations tab and/or in your reports - so that should serve as a workaround until the issue is run to ground. It's being looked at as a priority.

And my apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

AWA

cline

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 8464 posted 10:02 pm on Jul 7, 2006 (gmt 0)

My experience is that it comes and goes. Usually the data appear to be correct, then randomly the conversion data disappear.

wmuser

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 5+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 8464 posted 7:06 pm on Jul 8, 2006 (gmt 0)

No problems here

Lorymer

10+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 8464 posted 4:41 pm on Jul 10, 2006 (gmt 0)

For "last month" - ALL our accounts / campaigns show a content network conversion rate=0% and cost / conversion=0
I've already reported this to the Adwords Team and I will hopefully get an answer.

[edited by: Lorymer at 4:43 pm (utc) on July 10, 2006]

billygg

10+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 8464 posted 3:23 am on Jul 11, 2006 (gmt 0)

i am kind of getting the same thing. I started up a new account last week, and have not seen any traffic from the content network, even tho the search network is getting good traffic. And yes, i have the content network option selected, and the max cpc is standard for both content and search. i have never seen this.

Global Options:
 top home search open messages active posts  
 

Home / Forums Index / Google / Google AdWords
rss feed

All trademarks and copyrights held by respective owners. Member comments are owned by the poster.
Home ¦ Free Tools ¦ Terms of Service ¦ Privacy Policy ¦ Report Problem ¦ About ¦ Library ¦ Newsletter
WebmasterWorld is a Developer Shed Community owned by Jim Boykin.
© Webmaster World 1996-2014 all rights reserved