Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 126.96.36.199
Is it okay to sell PageRank now?
[edited by: Brett_Tabke at 12:41 pm (utc) on June 25, 2004]
[edit reason] no specifics. Please reread the TOS [/edit]
It's a wink, wink situation i.e. Google knows that you are selling PR and is OK with it as long as you don't make it blaringly obvious. As long as you don't fly a "selling PR" flag. As long as you don't claim you will increase somebody's PR. I think the intepretation is: Sell it ... but don't make it look like you are selling it.
People's conceptions of fair prices for pr-bearing ads varies grealty. Buying and selling them takes a lot of time negotiating.
BTW - that is just what I heard. I have never bought or sold a pr-bearing ad.
I think the intepretation is: Sell it ... but don't make it look like you are selling it.
Hmmm. Well, what I was hoping to convey was:
* Ok to assist folks in understanding PageRank - and how to improve it.
* Not OK to sell it, or sell it while calling it something else.
Don't participate in link schemes designed to increase your site's ranking or PageRank. In particular, avoid links to web spammers or "bad neighborhoods" on the web as your own ranking may be affected adversely by those links.
That still holds true.
- You're allowed to advertise SEO services about PageRank.
- You are not allowed to sell PageRank.
- Unless you are a Hit and Run SEO, it is probably inadvisable to assist people with PageRank by encouraging them to participate in unnatural linking schemes.
The part Google doesn't want to tell you is that the state of the nation appears to be that Hit And Run SEOs make all the money.
Also, FYI, my PageRank jumped to PR6 overnight when I bought a few links. Though, I must say, it didn't really help my SERP rankings that much..