|Two computers, our ad displays on only one.|
We opened to google.com from two different computers and one displayed our ad as #1 and the other didn't display it at all. We checked multipe times over about 20 minutes. We refreshed, started from scratch, etc.
Also, does anyone know what kind of reporting time delay there is when checking on 'today's' activity.
If you can't see them on one and on the other (and it's not a regional ad - as IP identification comes into play there), it's usually one of three reasons.
1. Norton or another ad blocking software.
2. Spyware utility.
3. The browswer preferences are set to different levels between the two systems.
To eWhisper's excellent list, I'd add the possiblity that your daily budget is not sufficient for your ad to show all the time.
I have one quick question regarding the computer on which you don't see your ad:
On that computer do you see no ads at all, or do you see other AdWords ads, but just not yours?
BTW, the reporting delay you asked about is roughly three hours.
There are ads on the second computer just not ours.
Thanks for the help, folks.
Thanks for the additional info, kenjack.
If you are not seeing just your ad on Computer #2, then it sounds like a probable Daily Budget issue.
You might want to check your 'Recommended Budget' in the 'Edit Campaign Settings' page of the campaign in question. (The short story is that if your Recommended Budget is higher than your actual budget, it means your ad won't be showing all the time.)
Another possibility, especially if on Computer #1 you were seeing your ad rather low on the page:
Because ad position is not constant, you might be appearing on the first page for one search, and on the second page for another search.
So, be sure to look on succeeding pages as well.
Thanks AWA, that comment about daily budget versus recommended
budget may well be the answer.
I'm constantly seeing the same thing. Today I even had a client who complained about it.
And no, AWD, it's not something obvious like a daily budgeting issue.
Hi AWA,I also have this trouble.
We localed in US, and we have an account doing keywords target to UK, when we search the ads,would sometimes can't see ours, then refresh the IE, sometime would see it, then refresh it again, it disappear again. if it showed, its position would change.
I don't know why.
Thanks for your help!
That sounds like a daily budget issue.
|If your actual budget is lower than the suggested budget, your ad will not appear every time. How often will it appear? Well, if your actual budget is $1.00, and your suggested budget is $2.00, then your ad will show about half the time. Delivery will be spaced out over the 24 hour day. |
That's from this post, message 9, AWA explains it well there:
But actual budget is higher than the suggested budget.
Have you checked against actual used budget?
That is an average of how much you need to spend if those words were searched the same amount every day.
In reality, many KWs get most of their impressions either during the weekdays or weekend, but rarely get the same impressions all 7 days of the week.
From what I understand (and AWA can correct me here) G doesn't go over about 10% on any given day of your budget.
Since G averages out the daily budget during the week (i.e. If you budget is $100 a day, you might spend $110 one day and $90 the other), this works out for some KWs. But if a KW were to use $300/day for the weekend, and $25 for week days, you really need a daily budget closer to $300/day and not the suggested $100 (in this example) to get all the possible clicks per day on the weekends.
Its possible this is not the problem, but worth checking on how much you spend on a daily basis to see if this could be an issue.
Thanks eWhisper! It's clear now.
I want to know if this problem have something to do with IP address?
The only time IP address should come into play that I'm aware of is if you are regional targeting, or checking an ad being run in one country while you're in another.
If regional targeting, G needs to be able to read your IP address. If country targeting, you need to use the search engine associated with that country.
We have a very good solution to this recurring problem. We tell our clients to stop checking the ads so much, and especially, to tell the boss to stop checking the ads constantly! Problem solved (and the boss actually starts running the company again, leading to a huge surge in productivity). :)
We also have a stock explanation about how "Google AdWords can be really wonky" and "Google is probably invoking fraud protection." When we get tired of those we write to our Google reps and wait to see what hilarious answers they give.
In all seriousness, though, it's usually some minor issue and it usually goes away, and it's the campaign and conversion data that really tell the tale.
If everyone will stop using Webposition to check their SE ranks and stop checking their ad positions so $!%!#!$@#! often, we can all get along.