| 6:10 pm on Oct 28, 2003 (gmt 0)|
nice stuff, keep em coming.
gives AWA something to do, instead of chatting up all the Googlettes ;)
also this previous thread may help: [webmasterworld.com...]
and my own wish list is for "paid support" or better communication skills by phone....
[edited by: Shak at 6:29 pm (utc) on Oct. 28, 2003]
| 6:15 pm on Oct 28, 2003 (gmt 0)|
|With the regional campaign, I'm also having issues with the max number of campaigns allowed (25). |
This would pretty much be my wishlist, too. I bumped against this by country, too.
| 1:54 am on Oct 29, 2003 (gmt 0)|
Glad to see another 'wish list' thread on the rise.
As long as you keep posting your suggestions/comments/ideas, I'll forward them to the appropriate people.
Shak, it caught my eye when you say "better communication skills by phone". Can you be more specific?
| 2:38 am on Oct 29, 2003 (gmt 0)|
Mass submission of new ads and keywords.
Being able to upload a csv file with keywords, ad text, url's and cpc would be a HUGE time saver.
| 5:59 am on Oct 29, 2003 (gmt 0)|
for advanced users -
how about an A/B campaign management tool so you can test the "A" version of ad copy against the "B" version to get easier access to statistically significant improvements?
| 9:10 am on Oct 29, 2003 (gmt 0)|
I would like to see more global options, instead of campaign options. Things such as:
1 - Account max spend per day
2 - Global negative keyword list
Plus, intelligent advert choices instead of random. So, if for example I have two adverts and one has the title "Cheap Widgets" and the other "Widgets with free delivery", and the user searches for "Cheap widgets", the first advert would display and never the second for that search. The advert with the most bolded text would usually be the best to display. I think this would help with clickthroughs for advertisers but also boost Googles money.
And a way to opt keywords out of broad match...and don't say exact match because that is different:
* Matching for: Blue widgets used to match Cheap blue widgets, but not red widgets. New broad match matches cheap red widgets (which I may not have on my site) but exact match no longer matches Cheap blue widgets, only blue widgets.
| 1:10 pm on Oct 29, 2003 (gmt 0)|
|Shak, it caught my eye when you say "better communication skills by phone". Can you be more specific? |
many small advertisers complain of not having direct point of contact, and having to go thorugh the "wait n see" routine via email.
maybe prominent phone # display for each country office "adwords support hotline"...
just a thought.
| 1:38 pm on Oct 29, 2003 (gmt 0)|
For the beta regional ads, I'd like to see a page where I can set my region to display ads from that region.
Better yet, a google feature where people can choose which region they wish displayed for ads. This would also help G to deal with the AOL dial-up ads, as most of those regions are unknown, so national ads are displayed instead of regional.
| 2:37 pm on Oct 29, 2003 (gmt 0)|
I'm with Shak, but I guess that employing loads of people to answer phones without any increase in revenue is going to just take a bite out of Google's bottom line. Looks like we're stuck with email and waiting for now?
Must say that as a user of six European PPC services, the Adwords interface is the best and quickest by miles. If I need to update my bids in Overture or Espotting, I click the link and then put the kettle on.
| 3:53 pm on Oct 29, 2003 (gmt 0)|
I'd like to have a way to stay logged in forever. Or just stay logged in as long as my browser is open. Right now I think there's a session timeout of 30 minutes or so.
| 7:00 pm on Oct 29, 2003 (gmt 0)|
- A page where I can see the ads according to my campaigns country and language settings (without having first to change my language settings and finding a proxy).
- A search count in keyword suggestions (like Overture Search Term Suggestion Tool [inventory.overture.com])
| 9:05 pm on Oct 29, 2003 (gmt 0)|
Return of premium slot ad placement with the old formula for determining who gets kicked upstairs reinstated.
Hey Shak! upstairs = on top ;)
| 10:17 pm on Oct 29, 2003 (gmt 0)|
1. I'm with eWhisper about being able to see the "Google Only" CTR on which the ads are judged. I'm tired of having keywords disapproved that have over a 4% CTR only to call Adwords Support, and have them tell me that my Google CTR is too low.
2. Another vote for a mass uploading system. It would also be good if this could automatically modify existing campaigns.
3. I'd like to see a tool that let advertisers run Google searches on their terms without worrying about creating unnecessary impressions.
4. A report that showed statistics by actual position (as opposed to average position) would be very helpful. The report for a single ad might look something like:
POSITION IMPRESSIONS CLICKS (etc)
5. Still waiting for a way to move ad groups between campaigns.
6. It would be nice to have some way of seeing if an ad had been approved for use on other search engines.
7. Searches per month counts on the keyword suggestion tool.
| 11:25 pm on Oct 29, 2003 (gmt 0)|
When you use dynamic keyword insertion and your keyword is longer than the max characters permitted in the title, your default title gets displayed.
Lets say you have some dynamic keywords power posted that Google doesn't like people to see in the titles....instead of disapproving the ads and having to go go back in and create new groups with different titles, put a filter in that picks up the undesirable words and inserts the default title.
Also, on an exact match, if someone enters a specific search term, obviously they are looking for it so why not make it possible to put it in the title on an exact match only - no matter what the term is?
| 1:41 am on Oct 30, 2003 (gmt 0)|
Some excellent thinking here, and I'll certainly pass your thoughts on. Thanks very much!
I'd very happy if this thread (or others like it) remained active all the time. ;)
| 10:08 pm on Oct 31, 2003 (gmt 0)|
Count showing how many low CTR ads a campaign has.
So you can quickly fix them if you have hundreds of campaigns.
| 10:49 pm on Oct 31, 2003 (gmt 0)|
A keyword tool by region/area.
What are people searching for in the Memphis area? How about within a 100 mile radius of Memphis? 200 miles?
| 12:19 am on Nov 2, 2003 (gmt 0)|
1. mass uploading system
2. ability to choose between "old-style" broad match and the "new broad match"
3. or at least show search strings for impressions that have not converted into clicks, so that we could have an effective list of negatives ;)
i'm asking for too much, i know :)
| 8:20 pm on Nov 3, 2003 (gmt 0)|
1. I have one client whose IT dept. feels that the Adwords conversion tracker icon should appear only visitors coming from Adwords. They don't feel that we should have to show this icon to everyone else. Because of this, they're resistant to using the Adwords conversion tracking program.
2. Many of us manage multiple Adwords accounts for many different clients. For customer support purposes, it would be cool if these accounts could somehow be interlinked so Google realizes the true size of the customer. For example, the customer service issue is not really coming from a person who is just running a $200/month account, but a rather person who is managing a couple dozen accounts totaling $10,000/month.
| 12:32 pm on Nov 4, 2003 (gmt 0)|
I'd like the ability to check a number of keywords in one ad group and spawn a new ad group based on those keywords.
Its the sort of thing I end up doing a lot & it would save a ton of time.
Within this I'd like the ability to autodelete the keywords from the original ad group a set period of time (7 days?) after the new ad group goes live. This is so that the new ad group has time to be distributed to the full ad network, content targeting and build a CTR history before the keywords are retired from their original group.
| 2:32 pm on Nov 4, 2003 (gmt 0)|
My wish list:
- Targeting to any language. I can't understand, why it is possible only to few languages, although Google search recognizes many ones.
- Impression stats of exact phrases, if broad matching is on.
- No meta refresh with zero duration (yes the same one Google doesn't like) on the report pages.
- Suggestion tool with number of searches for every phrase.
| 3:29 pm on Nov 4, 2003 (gmt 0)|
I too would like a way to view my own regional adwords ads by region.
A current region we are targeting is not showing any impressions or clicks.
I have no way to quick check if they are appearing if I am targeting a region different from my own IP location.
| 2:27 am on Nov 5, 2003 (gmt 0)|
Thanks, as always, for the great 'wish list'. I'll be forwarding the latest batch to product developers and managers late Friday evening.
Some great stuff here, and I assure you it will be read.
| 11:08 pm on Nov 5, 2003 (gmt 0)|
AdWordsAdvisor - Anyway to get exact match for noise keywords?
For example: Widgets for kid
Can this come up for: [widgets kid]
I would also like to request the reverse match, which should be easier in theory, no? (Example: a search for kid widgets should also show)
With these type of changes, it will help googles relevency.
| 2:13 am on Nov 6, 2003 (gmt 0)|
Here's a very small request -- it would be nice the Custom and Keywords Reports showed the brackets and the quotes used in the keyword. As it is now, [Widget], "Widget" and Widget all show up as Widget in the reports.
| 2:58 pm on Nov 9, 2003 (gmt 0)|
It would be nice if the autologout feature weren't so quick and so random. Sometimes I'm autologged out within a minute. That's really annoying.
I'd also like to be able to have concurrent usersessions for multiple accounts without having to open two different browsers (e.g., Mozilla & IE) to do it. I often like to gang edit my clients' accounts.
| 11:50 pm on Nov 11, 2003 (gmt 0)|
More detailed statistics by creative. I'd like to see both CTRs and conversions by search and by content. For example:
Widgets for Sale
Get your Widgets
# clicks %CTR %Convert
# clicks %CTR %Convert
| 2:13 am on Nov 12, 2003 (gmt 0)|
Thanks for your continued posts to this thread! If you keep posting, I'll keep forwarding...
| 7:41 am on Nov 23, 2003 (gmt 0)|
Well, I'll just jump in!
While there are a number of things that I'd love to see, like an estimation of impressions removed for negative keywords, the most valuable aid for those of us with some flexibililty would be a listing of top search terms. Imagine a list of today's top 100 which might reveal the latest merchandise fad.
| This 154 message thread spans 6 pages: 154 (  2 3 4 5 6 ) > > |