homepage Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from
register, free tools, login, search, pro membership, help, library, announcements, recent posts, open posts,
Become a Pro Member
Home / Forums Index / Google / Google Desktop Tools and Google Labs Projects
Forum Library, Charter, Moderator: open

Google Desktop Tools and Google Labs Projects Forum

Toolbar no longer functioning
(also can't access Google from IE anymore)

 11:19 pm on Mar 26, 2002 (gmt 0)

My toolbar is not working anymore and I can't access google.com with IE5.5 any longer (the browser just hangs up). I can still access www2 and www3 though, and www with netscape. I can also get to Google using [,...]
and [] - just not by using www.google.com. It just hangs up and I eventually get a 'The page cannot be displayed, Cannot find server or DNS Error'

I recently deleted a lot of cookies, could this be involved?

Thanks for any help.



 4:23 am on Mar 27, 2002 (gmt 0)

2 of those ip's listed have comma's in them which make them invalid - was this a typo on your behalf or are they the ones your trying to use?


 4:30 am on Mar 27, 2002 (gmt 0)

Everything is fine from eastern Canada. (exept I should be sleeping now)

Commas are obviously not working. Accessing throught listed domains still redirects for me.

Must be a temporary glitch between your computer and Google. Clear cache and replug. That must fix it.


 4:50 am on Mar 27, 2002 (gmt 0)

The commas were just separating one from the other in the message, I didn't realize they had became part of the link.

I'm guessing the google access problem is either related to my IE browser or my ISP. It's been going on for a few days now, so I don't think it is a cache problem. I thought it could have been related to my getting rid all my prior cookies, at least the part about the toolbar. I was hoping that someone here may had this happened to them and would have some ideas. If not, I might try uninstalling the toolbar and then reinstalling it.


 5:38 am on Mar 27, 2002 (gmt 0)

Yeah, sounds like your IP had a problem updating it's name server data. I've seen it happen before. Usually is corrected within 72 hours.


 6:14 am on Mar 27, 2002 (gmt 0)

keyplyr - you must have been right, because all of a sudden I'm able to get to google.com again, and my toolbar is working, and I didn't change anything.


 5:10 am on Mar 28, 2002 (gmt 0)

Good tip (just had someone ask about the same in email)


 7:29 am on Mar 28, 2002 (gmt 0)

Good idea, the google toolbar may implement a kind of dns cache of google's IPs so even without a working DNS google would be reachable :).

Global Options:
 top home search open messages active posts  

Home / Forums Index / Google / Google Desktop Tools and Google Labs Projects
rss feed

All trademarks and copyrights held by respective owners. Member comments are owned by the poster.
Home ¦ Free Tools ¦ Terms of Service ¦ Privacy Policy ¦ Report Problem ¦ About ¦ Library ¦ Newsletter
WebmasterWorld is a Developer Shed Community owned by Jim Boykin.
© Webmaster World 1996-2014 all rights reserved