I'm late to this conversation, but thought I'd share this.
Everyone has been talking about how their Toolbar has automatically updated, but mine hasn't and I wasn't sure why.
In my 'dial-up networking monitor' (yes, I still have a dial up connection) I have checked the box for 'Play a sound' 'when data is sent or received'. That way I can monitor a little better when something might be going on when I don't want it to. Especially now with that new worm. The past few days I've heard that light, beeping noise when I know I wasn't doing anything to cause it. Each time it happens I go to Zone Alarm and stop all internet activity.
It happened again a few minutes ago, so I checked the alert on Zone Alarm and this is what it said:
'Internet Explorer tried to receive data from the Internet (126.96.36.199), but was denied access by the Internet Lock.'
I thought that IP sounded familiar, so I checked and sure enough, its the toolbar 2.0 page! I guess that's why mine hasn't upgraded!
I'm sure Google means no harm by it, but it does cause my heart to pound a bit when I can tell there is some sort of uploading or downloading going on that I didn't initiate.