| Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 220.127.116.11 |
register, free tools, login, search, pro membership, help, library, announcements, recent posts, open posts,
|Become a Pro Member|
|Dreamweaver File Associations|
It taken over my .js files
I've got a trial of Dreamweaver 4 installed. All .js files now have the DW icon and will not open upon double/single clicking.
I've tried to re-asscociate in Edit/Preferences/File types back to normal but this didn't work.
I've also tried to re-asscociate using Control Panel in XP, that failed too. Then I ran xp_fileassoc.bat which restores to default, but not third party!?.
Does anyone know how?
I reassociated .js files with wscript.exe and that seems to have done it. But the mx icon is still there.
To get the DW icon back do the following:
- Open "My Computer"
- Choose Tools > Folder Options
- Click on File Types tab and scroll down to JS
- Click on the Advanced button
- In the Window that pops up click on Change Icon
- In the next window click Browse
- Select the path to the dreamweaver .exe file
- Select the Icon that you want JS files to have
All trademarks and copyrights held by respective owners. Member comments are owned by the poster.
WebmasterWorld is a Developer Shed Community owned by Jim Boykin.
© Webmaster World 1996-2014 all rights reserved