I need to tranlsate a web site from English language to thai language, I've installed Macromedia Dreamweaver MX on a thai laptop so that the translator (not me unfortunately:) ) can be able to do it I've also installed an extension for thai fonts to be used in Dreamweaver but it's still not possible to write in Thai and I don't know why?
According to the technote "Document encoding for multilingual HTML pages" on the Macromedia site, correct language display is made up of two things:
Input (how your computer renders the characters) Encoding (how your website renders them)
It looks like you have no problem with the first part as you are using a Thai laptop with (presumably) a Thai keyboard preference (if not, check the first part of the article).
Now you need to tell the browsers that see your site how to display the characters and to do that you must specify encoding on the web page. This can be chosen on the Modify Page Properties Setting and writes code in the head of your document.
But the complete information is all in the technote at macromedia.com.