A lot of people claim they have changed to ATW as of lately - on this board they have received more praise than all other engines apart from Google.
Personally I find them to be good, but not as good as, say, 6 months ago.
- indexing: slow. New pages often take quite a while, new sites sometimes forever. Index doesn't seem to grow anymore either.
- spider intelligence: has been better. Redirects seem to pose great problems, language detection shows a huge error margin.
- ranking: erratic. Some fine serps, some lousy, some overall good serps with painful blackouts inbetween.
- Options: not bad. Advanced search still very good. News search not state of the art anymore, looks like they have done nothing on that end for at least a year or so. Pics search looks good. Video, Audio is a minefield, understandable they don't put much effort in it. FTP search: thing of the past, nice that they still do it though.
- query intelligence: nothing new either. Same old half baked clustering appears to be the last remnants of John Lervik's grand visions.
Y! - either you put some effort in ATW or let it die already! This has been a great engine with lots of good ideas - do you want to keep up that legacy or do you want to produce another walking corpse?