| This 40 message thread spans 2 pages: < < 40 ( 1  ) || |
|The Fabulous WebmasterWorld Icon-a-Thon!|
Gentlemen (and ladies), start your processors...
| 9:58 pm on Jun 2, 2003 (gmt 0)|
Well, it's been a long time since our lovely Graphics & Multimedia Forum has had itself a contest... and our forum's contests are one of the only chances you'll see here on WebmasterWorld to strut your stuff without fear of our unbiquitous "No Self Promotion" rules, so listen up!
We are trying to get Brett to replace those *ahem* sub-par StickyMail Icons [webmasterworld.com] that appeared in the last big update of BestBBS... and here's how you can help:
1. Pick 5 existing icons that you would like to "upgrade" OR create 5 original icon designs. Icons must be 20 x 20 pixels maximum size, executed in the 216 "web safe colors" palette. Your work must look good even to those poor souls still using antique computers. ;)
2. Save your teeny masterpieces in gif or png format.
3. Upload them to your server (if you do not have access to a webserver, please stickymail mivox [webmasterworld.com], and I will tell you how to submit by email).
4. Send stickymail to mivox AND korkus2000 -- your friendly Graphics & Multimedia Forum moderators -- with the following information: A URL (or URLs) where we can download your entry images (to save us time, please name your entries like so: yournick1.gif, yournick2.gif, etc., etc.).
What software you used to create the icons.
List any filters or special steps used in creating the images.
Whether or not your software can generate windows .ico format files (ie- Can it be used for creating favicons?)
5. korkus2000 and mivox will pick their 10 favorite icons for a "Moderators Choice Top 10 List" (woooo!), and will post links to all entries to allow voting for a "People's Choice Top 10 List" (wooooHOO!). Details on how to vote will be posted along with the entry-viewing links.
Entries will be accepted through Sunday, June 15th, 2003. Since I (mivox) live almost as close to the International Date Line as you can get (unless you live in Hawaii), I will accept entries submitted until Midnight (12am) on Sunday, MY time. ;)
The Fine Print (boring , but please read anyhow!):
a. We reserve the right to reject, without notice, any entries that don't follow the guidelines given above.
b. All entries become the property of WebmasterWorld, and can be used anywhere within the forum software, not limited to the stickymail icon collection, whether or not they are chosen as winning entries.
[edited by: mivox at 12:14 am (utc) on June 6, 2003]
| 7:22 pm on Jun 9, 2003 (gmt 0)|
One more week! I know the crowd here can come up with some good ones... ;)
| 10:52 am on Jun 13, 2003 (gmt 0)|
Only a couple of days left to enter.
| 12:28 am on Jun 16, 2003 (gmt 0)|
| 12:36 am on Jun 16, 2003 (gmt 0)|
Can't wait, when is the final deadline? Will we find out the winners tonight? :)
| 8:09 pm on Jun 16, 2003 (gmt 0)|
Well... turnout was somewhat less than overwhelming. I have an entry to email to korkus. It shouldn't take us too long to pick the mods favorites.
I think we have a total of 14 icons to choose from.
| 8:32 pm on Jun 18, 2003 (gmt 0)|
Any chance we'll find the winners out any time soon? :)
| 4:21 pm on Jun 19, 2003 (gmt 0)|
Maybe.... if you beg. ;)
I sent the last set of five over to korkus last night. So maybe tomorrow?
| 5:54 pm on Jun 20, 2003 (gmt 0)|
How do we find out the ones that have won?
Will links jus be posted in the main "Fabulous WebmasterWorld Icon-a-Thon!" discussion?
| 5:56 pm on Jun 20, 2003 (gmt 0)|
We are going to show the entries today! Stay tuned for mivox.
| 7:27 pm on Jun 20, 2003 (gmt 0)|
Hehehe... the URL korkus originally gave me for the display is 404 at the moment. :) Just waiting to hear from him, as I've got the announcement post all ready to go.
| This 40 message thread spans 2 pages: < < 40 ( 1  ) |