| This 35 message thread spans 2 pages: < < 35 ( 1  ) || |
|My girl friend ditched me!|
What should I do?
| 4:38 pm on Jan 11, 2003 (gmt 0)|
Sorry fellas. This post has nothing to do with the Subject and the Description. I am doing a study on human psychology.
Once the study is complete, I plan to apply my findings to advertising on search engines.
So, a few questions -
1) What made you click on the subject line and read this thread?
2) After finding out that this thread has nothing to do with the subject line, are you going to read through the rest of my banter?
3) Will you be posting a REPLY to this thread? If NO, why?
4) If I adopt the same subject line at Pay per click search engines for ALL the keywords, will it help my CTR?
5) Assuming my website sells fresh bananas, will my PPC visitors buy stuff from me, after clicking on my ad?
| 9:33 pm on Jan 11, 2003 (gmt 0)|
One reason things like this get clicked on is people like to see other pain so they can feel better about themselves. Others might want to add a word of encouragement.
For me it was mostly curiousity. I like "personal" type posts here because it creates a greater sense of community and friendship. When that develops people are more open to sharing and trading ideas.
| 4:39 am on Jan 12, 2003 (gmt 0)|
You will find this article interesting if you haven't read it already. Heck.. even if you have seen it before, it is worth reading again as it is somewhat related to this thread.
Google AdWords Happening - How to Lose Money with your art [iterature.com]
Unfortunately, the author's "human psychology study" was cut short by the AdWords co-ordinators. Those guys have no sense of humor!
Anyway, I have never seen a WebmasterWorld thread "grow" so fast, that too on a weekend. I feel that the thread has a better than average CTR and conversion rate.
In this context, CTR is number of clicks on the thread per 100 views of the Subject/Description. The conversion rate is number of posts/replies per 100 views of the thread! ;)
Of course, nothing will ever beat the CTR and conversion rate of a thread with the following subject/description -
Subject: Google Update!
Description: It has started - Good luck everybody!
| 6:24 am on Jan 12, 2003 (gmt 0)|
1. I clicked cuz the subject had been moved to SEM from foo and that made me curious.
2. I did.
3. I just love this question - If not, why? - LOL
4. Don’t think so
5. I think the back button will get used a lot - very few sales
Once for a whim I set up a small banner 100x100 that said “Don’t click here” the banner linked to a page that just said “I told you not to click there” and a sendmail link, I learned a lot of swear words that I didn’t know - and I thought I knew them all. One person even emailed my host at the time to complain. The banner only stayed up for 4 days, I never expected such a negative reaction.
| 1:17 am on Jan 14, 2003 (gmt 0)|
| 1:54 am on Jan 14, 2003 (gmt 0)|
I didn't see it when it was in FOO. I clicked on it because it wasn't in FOO! Interesting!
| This 35 message thread spans 2 pages: < < 35 ( 1  ) |