homepage Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 54.226.10.234
register, free tools, login, search, pro membership, help, library, announcements, recent posts, open posts,
Pubcon Platinum Sponsor 2014
Home / Forums Index / Yahoo / Yahoo Search Marketing Pay Per Click Advertising
Forum Library, Charter, Moderators: werty

Yahoo Search Marketing Pay Per Click Advertising Forum

    
Conversion Tracking By Referring Site
monetization

10+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 2815 posted 7:15 pm on Mar 28, 2006 (gmt 0)

Has anyone bothered to break out conversion data by referring site with Yahoo partner traffic?

I'm curious if anyone is seeing a decline in partner traffic conversions, and if so, what type of partner (search, content, parked domains) are converting the most poorly.

And please, don't turn this into a Yahoo/Overture sucks thread. There's far too much of that out there. I'm looking for real information.

 

ScottG13

10+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 2815 posted 3:12 pm on Mar 29, 2006 (gmt 0)

Our metrics package allows us to see sales per referrers. Nothing surprising.

Yahoo.com and MSN.com convert. Dogpile.com converts on occasion. And nothing else.

Yahoo/MSN/Dogpile make up about 81% of the Yahoo PPC traffic in March. Everything else is the other 19%. So basically 20% of our budget is getting totally wasted by garbage fraud traffic this month.

Anyone else seeing anything different? Better? Worse?

UnitedRigo

5+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 2815 posted 3:54 am on Apr 28, 2006 (gmt 0)

Hi Scott,

Can you recommend which metrics package you use to determine that information? Thanks.

jeowind

5+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 2815 posted 6:37 am on Apr 28, 2006 (gmt 0)

second that, my yahoo/overture ppc represent 50% of my PPC budget and we're not seeing the results that we want.

ScottG13

10+ Year Member



 
Msg#: 2815 posted 5:49 pm on May 1, 2006 (gmt 0)

UnitedRigo:

We use Coremetrics, but I would not recommend them. They're slow, poor to respond, many reps have a weak understanding of the system, they are expensive and they want to nickle and dime you for additional "features" such as fixing things that never functioned correctly in the first place.

Global Options:
 top home search open messages active posts  
 

Home / Forums Index / Yahoo / Yahoo Search Marketing Pay Per Click Advertising
rss feed

All trademarks and copyrights held by respective owners. Member comments are owned by the poster.
Home ¦ Free Tools ¦ Terms of Service ¦ Privacy Policy ¦ Report Problem ¦ About ¦ Library ¦ Newsletter
WebmasterWorld is a Developer Shed Community owned by Jim Boykin.
© Webmaster World 1996-2014 all rights reserved