Some of you guys must have been here before....
I have a web site hosted by a cheap provider in the UK. They registered the domain name for me and it is a '.co.uk', sadly.
The site itself gradually became more important... unexpected, as I would have hosted at a bigger place if I had predicted this.
Problem is, they got hit by a virus 4 days ago. They decided to rebuild the server. They promised the site would be back yesterday.
Guess what... it's wasn't.
They also originally promised to stick the site on a different server, after I explained the pain this is causing in terms of financial loss. They haven't.
Worse still, they ignored all my emails yesterday. They have ignored me today. And no, I don't have a phone number (nothing on their site, which of course is up).
I want out, fast. I called Nominet who tell me I have to fax them but it will be "quite a few days". Nominet would also have to contact the Webhoster... and who is to say they would respond?
Essentially... has anyone any experience of this sort of situation? Any short cut or quick way out of here to get the site online ASAP?
I'm frustrated, angry and am losing money. Any suggestions welcome!!!