homepage Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from
register, free tools, login, search, pro membership, help, library, announcements, recent posts, open posts,
Become a Pro Member
Home / Forums Index / WebmasterWorld / Professional Webmaster Business Issues
Forum Library, Charter, Moderators: LifeinAsia & httpwebwitch

Professional Webmaster Business Issues Forum

State tax on Adsense income
moved from state to state during 2004

10+ Year Member

Msg#: 1731 posted 6:01 pm on Feb 13, 2005 (gmt 0)


I did a search on the website but could not find an asnwer. If someone has/had similar situation, please share.

During 2004 I moved three times (TX->CT->NC) and now I need to file two state tax returns in additon to the federal one. I had my reasons to keep the money on my adsense account and only in December, being in NC, I received my first check. My question is which state I need to pay the state tax on this income to.

It would be easier for me to just declare the money as earned in NC rather then trying to distribute the income accross the whole year. Also, the largest part was really earned in NC.

The tax record I received from Google does not have any indication of a time frame when the money were earned.

Thanks in advance.


Global Options:
 top home search open messages active posts  

Home / Forums Index / WebmasterWorld / Professional Webmaster Business Issues
rss feed

All trademarks and copyrights held by respective owners. Member comments are owned by the poster.
Home ¦ Free Tools ¦ Terms of Service ¦ Privacy Policy ¦ Report Problem ¦ About ¦ Library ¦ Newsletter
WebmasterWorld is a Developer Shed Community owned by Jim Boykin.
© Webmaster World 1996-2014 all rights reserved