I went to Google Sitemaps site to check on my site statistics and saw 10 errors from the read.
If says Invalid URL (Line 4) with URL sitemap1.xml.gz We've detected that a Sitemap you've listed doesn't include the full URL.
There are 10 errors with this error out of 13 listed in the sitemap index.
The Sitemap index now looks like this: - <sitemapindex xmlns="http://www.google.com/schemas/sitemap/0.84"> - <sitemap> <loc>http://www.example.com/sitemap1.xml.gz</loc> </sitemap> - <sitemap> <loc>http://www.example.com/sitemap2.xml.gz</loc> </sitemap> ...
I changed my sitemap program to include the full path and it has been downloaded at least twice since then and I am still getting errors.