Msg#: 32400 posted 8:40 pm on Dec 12, 2005 (gmt 0)
I have been monitoring the results on Google for the past day or so. Seeing some very strange movements. Searching for one search term i get completely different results each and every time. I know there are different datacenters serving different results but i have never seen this before... also, the other strange thing is the number one ranked site for that keyword is not even found in Google if i do a site search...
Msg#: 32400 posted 9:17 pm on Dec 12, 2005 (gmt 0)
I caught some odd movements at the end of last week and beginning of this one. Last Friday my API results starting to show 1+2 rankings for some keywords I had been targeting (i.e. a listing in pos. 1 and a subpage in pos. 2) as well as some juggling around with my keywords that are back around pos. 100-150.
This morning I got huge positive jumps on a majority of keywords. Lots of previously "unranked" results came in to the 50-150 range, and a few of my high-ranked keywords moved up even higher (pos 3 to pos 1, etc).
Of course, this is all on the API, and it appears that whatever DC my actual searches are going to doesn't recognize this hierarchy yet. I wonder if this is an update that is rolling out or if something is just screwy with the API.
Msg#: 32400 posted 12:50 am on Dec 13, 2005 (gmt 0)
I'm seeing exactly the same thing. When I check the actual results, some of them match the api and some don't. I noticed some weirdness with Google a few days ago with backlinks going up and down. And now this.