| Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 126.96.36.199 |
register, free tools, login, search, pro membership, help, library, announcements, recent posts, open posts,
|Pubcon Platinum Sponsor 2014|
|Best way to preserve PR and link relevency|
What to do when buying dead domain names
I just purchased a fairly good, but dead domain name, still has good page rank, and the inbound links are very relevent to my main site.
I want to point the "new" domain to my existing site to make use of it.
Which would be the most SEO friendly way of pointing the domain to my existing site?
- DNS alias onto the main website
- Host on my existing server as a seperate website with a 100% frameset to display the existing site
- Host on my existing server with a static page and just a single link to my main site
- Host on my existing server with a meta refresh to the main site.
- Host on a 3rd party server with frameset as above
- Host on a 3rd party server with single link as above
- Host on a 3rd party server with meta refresh to the main site.
...or do you have a better idea?
All trademarks and copyrights held by respective owners. Member comments are owned by the poster.
WebmasterWorld is a Developer Shed Community owned by Jim Boykin.
© Webmaster World 1996-2014 all rights reserved