|Results increase by 2000 every click|
Google search results increase each click
I have a site that just got thousands of new pages indexed. But I think I found a bug on one of google's servers...actually about three of the IP addresses of their servers offer the same problem.
Every time I click "search" button with
in the text box, the results increase by 2000.
So say I have 10,000 results. I click search again, and it goes to 12,000 results. All the way up to 800,000 results, if I keep clicking. Unlimited. Just by continually clicking the search button.
Come back later, and it may be down to 200,000 or so.Click on the search button again, now it's at 202,000, 204,000, etc. All the way up to 800,000 or 1,000,000 if I want.
Anyone else have this problem? I'll record a flash video if you want. It's kinda funny.
Can you go to my sites and bump up the number of pages to about 800,000 for me?
Maybe Google trying to figure out what your site actually is.
g1smd, remarked about this in the update thread (where I can't remember) and I am seeing that on our site.
This would amount to a split site join, I hope.
vincevince, it's funny because it only works on certain domain names.. not all ;-)
I'll have to check that "update" post.. thanks.
p.s. the same 2000 thing has been happening for about 4 days. I can do it today, and I could do it 4 days ago.
Well it seems to be stabalizing at about 800,000 pages. No more 2000 up up up up up up.
I will cross my fingers, but my prediction is that this is just temporary and it will bounce down to about 5,000 or 10,000 some time ;-)
The count for my main site has been fairly stable for over a week. When I do site:www.domain.org it gives a count of 2,280,000.
The only problem is that this site has never had more than 132,000 pages on it, the file-naming conventions have been stable for several years, and the total number of files on the site have been increasing at a rate of less than five percent a year.
Now if there was a way to convince Google that I had 2,280,000 incoming links instead of 2,280,000 pages, I'd be happy.
I haven't seen a "jump by 2000 per click" problem.
I did note that at the start of the latest update that (for several sites) I saw all 4 versions of the URL for each page suddenly relisted in the SERPs even though three of the URLs already used a 301 redirect to the fourth URL.
The problem seemed to mostly disappear again just a few days ago. I didn't make any changes to the sites at all.